Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Will the real Bobadoshe please stand up?

It's true! Filmed early last year so not all my answers will be truth at this point!! (like what is my team's standing). This was a lot of fun to do. They grilled me on every aspect of my job so that we could prepare the other two fake organists to answer convincingly. Looking forward to seeing it myself after so long.

• Like 2
  • Cool 4

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native

That's very cool, but did we take a time machine back to 1961?  I've got some too-tight suits in my closet that could be in fashion again . . . 

Gigging: Crumar Mojo 61, Hammond SKPro

Home: Vintage Vibe 64

Guess I haven't been following KC closely enough to even know Bobadoshe was a real ball park organist. But that explains that slammin' version of Take Me Out to the Ball Game! Which would come in handy for those "playing piano in a sports bar" gigs, which I consider to be like Battle of the Bands, except it's Piano Player at one end of the joint, Big TV at the other.

Dang...I wasn't able to tune in until 9:20, CT, and Bobby must've been in the first group. 

Any idea on how I might be able to view the ballpark organist segment?

'Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless' - Mr. Boffo.

We need a barfing cat emoticon!

Bobby just watched the episode it was. awesome!! Take me out to the Ball Game......

Montage 7, Mojo 61, PC-3, XK-3c Pro, Kronos 88, Hammond SK-1, Motif XF- 7, Hammond SK-2, Roland FR-1, FR-18, Hammond B3 - Blond, Hammond BV -Cherry

On 3/8/2022 at 7:52 PM, allan_evett said:

Dang...I wasn't able to tune in until 9:20, CT, and Bobby must've been in the first group. 

Any idea on how I might be able to view the ballpark organist segment?

It's on Hulu as of today.

Just watched--great, Bobby! I loved Natasha saying, "Well, it's obviously not number 2."

Now out! "Mind the Gap," a 24-song album of new material.
www.joshweinstein.com

Thanks everybody!

On 3/8/2022 at 7:32 PM, ksoper said:

That was huge fun. Bobby, didn't you play George Lopez' talk show a while back? 

I did, and it happened to be exactly 10 years before the day I filmed To Tell The Truth. I wanted to talk to George about it but I didn't get any chance at all to talk to him.

On 3/8/2022 at 6:30 AM, Mark Zeger said:

The fastest way to the truth is putting the 3 contestants at a keyboard and telling them to solo on 3 blues choruses.

Bobby, how did you get on the show? Did a production person contact you or you contact them?

They found me. It must have been all the way back in Fall of '20. Some producer filled out my contact form on my website and reached out on Instagram. At first I wasn't sure it was legit.

The whole process was pretty fun. As the one telling the truth, I had nothing to be worried about. I really had a blast coaching the other two guys on answers to every possible question you might be asked, from 'what kind of organ do you play' to 'how did you get this job' to 'what's your routine at the ballpark' and 'who is your starting shortstop'. That's me playing my Hammond SK2 at the end for TMOTTBG, and I'm happy to say I didn't screw up or hit any clams! 

It was a pretty fun day's work.

• Like 4
  • Cool 1

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native