Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Interview: Rubén Valtierra, Weird Al Yankovic (Part 1)

• 2 weeks later...

This was interesting, because for much of the episode, I was thinking, "cool, but it's not my kind of gig, having to perform stuff perfectly, match sounds, etc." Then towards the end he was talking about how this is his "day job" and you never give that up because it lets him do the stuff he wants to the rest of the time. I can relate to that part of it.

• Like 1

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

1 hour ago, Joe Muscara said:

This was interesting, because for much of the episode, I was thinking, "cool, but it's not my kind of gig, having to perform stuff perfectly, match sounds, etc." Then towards the end he was talking about how this is his "day job" and you never give that up because it lets him do the stuff he wants to the rest of the time. I can relate to that part of it.

Absolutely, same here :) I think you'll enjoy Part 2 just as much, some very interesting topics ;)

• Like 1

I've gotten to where in the second part you start talking about Dessert Isle Disks (sic) so I've heard most of it. It's funny, when he talked about Russell Crowe, I thought he was talking about Russell Brand. Neither are Aussies! :D 

And OMG, he played an E over the F making the chord an F Maj 7!! That's not on the record!!! I really do think that a gig like that would drive me nuts, no matter how much I loved Al and the gig and the money. Let me play, man!

It was funny when you asked him about guest suggestions and him saying the ideas he had would probably be boring guests. It turns out, the hosts make the show work. It's true in your case as well. :2thu: [But not Paul. ;) ]

• Haha 1

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

@CowboyNQ them's fighting words :D And thanks for the kind words, we both have a ball doing it :)

Yeah the requirements of a keys player for Al appear very rigid but I like Ruben's approach to it.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
12 hours ago, Ruben Valtierra said:

Hi, Fun Interview!....Keep it up!!

Sir with guests of the quality of your good self, we definitely will. Hope the tour is going well.

David

8 hours ago, conundrum said:

For some reason thought Nursers was a US expat.

Aussie through and through :)

22 hours ago, Ruben Valtierra said:

Hi, Fun Interview!....Keep it up!!

Welcome, @Ruben Valtierra! I enjoyed those episodes with you.

• Love 1