Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

What a week! Emotional Rollercoaster

Got fired from my job of the last 9 years on Monday morning. Mostly absent Upper Management/Owners (who took over a little less than two years ago) decided that "We want to go a different direction with the company".

Not a big disappointment actually since I had been seeking other employment not related to franchise management (it's a drag listening to people whine all the time). But it still came as a shock - I've never been fired before and the company has been doing well. Plus the severence they are offering is half what it should be (4 weeks - the "normal" scale is one week for every year). Of course I'm worrying a lot about money since we have a baby due in December. It just feels weird.

Yesterday we got news that Sarah E.'s dad up in NY had nausia and a fainting spell after a long walk up in the hills. Went to the hospital THE NEXT DAY! Sarah's parents didn't tell us and we found out from our sister in law who had few details. We couldn't reach the folks until last night and found out that it was only a vertigo attack. In the meantime we were worried sick that he'd had a heart attack or something.

However Mrs. E. and I got the results back from our amnio 1/2 hour ago and we are expecting a healthy GIRL!!!!! Very good news!

In any case I'm on an emotional high right now. See how it goes over the next few weeks.

Crazy.

"You never can vouch for your own consciousness." - Norman Mailer

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hang in there and roll with the changes, Gabriel. It's a time to be strong, and be aware that change often leads to great things. That's always been the case for me.

By the way, just so you know... I got laid off a company when my son was seven months old and I was the only source of income for my family, so I certainly empathize. You'll be okay. :thu:

- Jeff

I try and avoid emotional roller coasters at all costs. Unfortunately, I'm on Colossus right now!

What a week, Gabriel... such is life, my friend.

But you're having a girl, eh? We waited until the birth to find out. Ours was a baby girl, too. Came 6 weeks early. :eek: Turned out healthy and happy. (Now 5 years old.) You'll land on your feet and be cruisin' in a new job before Baby E. arrives. :thu:

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

boy, that's a lot of stress for one week Gabe!

hope everything works out with the job hunt, if nothing else you could dreadlock your hair and hit up the rasta's across the street. maybe sell incense for a while :D

that's great news about the girl! how is sarah doing? it can't be easy being pregnant in the NO heat of summer!

well man, if there's anything i can do, please don't hesitate to ask...

Thanks for the kind words everyone! Makes me feel a lot better.

I'm really glad we got the news about our daughter. That's made the last couple of days much more bearable.

Paige,

Sarah's doing fine. She's handling the heat well so far. We'll see how she fares in September when it's still 90+.

I dunno how well a white red haired guy with dreads would do in the 'hood. Might not be seen as a positive fashion statement by the local populace. :)

Gabriel

"You never can vouch for your own consciousness." - Norman Mailer

I'll tell you something about kids: They somehow make things happen in your life that allows things to all work out okay. I don't know why or how, but it just happens.

Focus on your daughter and everything will turn out better than you ever dreamed. Check back in a year, and you'll see I was right. :):)

Archived