Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Nord Lead!

Joe Muscara

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Al Coda said:

cannot watch in my land ...

Sorry! It's from yesterday's episode of Saturday Night Live.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

49 minutes ago, eric said:

NL3 is a rare beast!!!

Best ergonomics of any programmable synth. One of my boards that I figure I'll never sell!

• Like 1

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

I've lost track of it a bit, though I seem to recall that the NL3 had some features that were extremely unique and created by a Nord developer who either left Nord or passed away (? RIP if so ?) and they couldn't really carry on with an evolution of the NL3 as it was kind of a single point of subject matter expertise with the NL3.

I never owned one, though I've had pretty much all of the other NL variations. The endless encoders are really nice and I think the NL3 had more than any other Nord. Heck, Nord even skimped on the NS2 to NS3 and have fewer of these sexy LED rings on the newer instrument.

15 minutes ago, o0Ampy0o said:

Dumb idea worth half a smirk stretched out to an entire bit. 

For many years, I think that phrase kind of defined the bulk of SNL. But I've liked it more in recent years than I had in a long time, I think they've had really good casts in recent years, which helps a lot.

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

Many of us here are old - we grew up on the heady days of the original not-ready-for-prime-time-players. While the "one idea stretched out to an entire bit" really seems to describe a LOT of SNL I've stumbled upon - to the point I can't watch it anymore - that description also fits a whole lot of recent movies as well.

6 minutes ago, timwat said:

Many of us here are old - we grew up on the heady days of the original not-ready-for-prime-time-players. While the "one idea stretched out to an entire bit" really seems to describe a LOT of SNL I've stumbled upon - to the point I can't watch it anymore - that description also fits a whole lot of recent movies as well.

saturday-night-live-no-way.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

AvantGrand N2 | ES520 | Gallien-Krueger MK & MP | https://soundcloud.com/pete36251

3 hours ago, AnotherScott said:

For many years, I think that phrase kind of defined the bulk of SNL. But I've liked it more in recent years than I had in a long time, I think they've had really good casts in recent years, which helps a lot.

I am unfamiliar with everyone except Al Roker (not a funny guy) and the actor Paul Rudd (he at least is an actor, funny? with a funny line sometimes). Of the remaining cast of that skit there was nothing giving the slightest hint they were inherently funny people. The line about anal worms would be low bar for a 10-year-old. I get your defending the show if you have seen better moments but this one stands on its own as so bad that it makes me doubt they have much better to offer because this was given a green light.

Yes, John Mulaney, I am indeed hungry for my dreams to become reality. 🤣 

Thanks for the share, Joe. I needed that laugh. I was expecting a joke about the Ukraine invasion toward the end, and instead, they doubled down on the ridiculous wish fulfillment.

• Like 1

Samuel B. Lupowitz

Musician. Songwriter. Food Enthusiast. Bad Pun Aficionado.

7 hours ago, o0Ampy0o said:

I am unfamiliar with everyone except Al Roker (not a funny guy) and the actor Paul Rudd (he at least is an actor, funny? with a funny line sometimes). Of the remaining cast of that skit there was nothing giving the slightest hint they were inherently funny people. The line about anal worms would be low bar for a 10-year-old. I get your defending the show if you have seen better moments but this one stands on its own as so bad that it makes me doubt they have much better to offer because this was given a green light.

I'll preface this by saying that I didn't like the skit. But directly to your point, that skit was not done by the SNL cast. The people you saw there were "Please Don't Destroy," they are their own separate comedy group, who also are currently SNL writers, and every now and then, they get some airtime of their own.

11 minutes ago, AnotherScott said:

I'll preface this by saying that I didn't like the skit. But directly to your point, that skit was not done by the SNL cast. The people you saw there were "Please Don't Destroy," they are their own separate comedy group, who also are currently SNL writers, and every now and then, they get some airtime of their own.

And have produced some very funny videos shown on SNL.

I would like to apologize to anyone I have not yet offended. Please be patient and I will get to you shortly.

I want to see a new DP/synth startup that features all electric blue cases. Then I want to sample Nord fanatics' heads exploding to use as percussion for my new Superman-colored rig. Its a small dream, but I'm not that hard to please, as long as there are exploding heads in the mix.    

I let SNL roll strictly to see Weekend Update. That should be a 30-minute weekly show on its own. "For a preview of Trump's speech before the RNC next week, give your grandpa cocaine" made me chortle for a week.                                           

• Like 2

"Well, the 60s were fun, but now I'm payin' for it."
        ~ Stan Lee, "Ant-Man and the Wasp"

3 hours ago, David Emm said:

…I let SNL roll strictly to see Weekend Update. That should be a 30-minute weekly show on its own. "For a preview of Trump's speech before the RNC next week, give your grandpa cocaine" made me chortle for a week.                                           

Agreed!

I would like to apologize to anyone I have not yet offended. Please be patient and I will get to you shortly.

13 hours ago, stillearning said:

And have produced some very funny videos shown on SNL.

You are welcome to find a clip and post it. Even a skit they wrote but did not appear in would suffice. Based on this stinker, I look forward to being amazed.