Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Help! Classical Earworm ...

Tusker

Help! I feel I should know this piece at 2 minutes and 28 seconds of this peanuts video. I've recall some string arrangements with beautiful internal lines, (including a clever transition from major to minor). But what the heck is it?  🤦‍♂️

Thanks in advance. 🙏

9 hours ago, JB Sherry said:

I don’t remember them bringing the Rhodes into Peanuts! when did that happen?

I'm not sure, but there are some "newer" Peanuts that came in the 70s after the classic ones. Pretty much all the new stuff from the movie and the new series on Apple TV has gone back to the traditional sound that Vince Guaraldi did in the original Christmas, Great Pumpkin, etc., but some of the lesser known stuff did have Rhodes. Since they're all on Apple TV+, we ned up watching the pairs around the holidays like the Christmas and New Years ones, and they've done some other ones for the same holidays sometimes. There's even an Arbor Day episode…

For all I know Vince played Rhodes. His bio says that the Arbor Day one was the last one he recorded for but I'd have to check what instrumentation was used.

• Like 1

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

23 hours ago, JB Sherry said:

That’s Beethoven Symphony No. 7, 2nd Movement (Allegretto).

Ah!! Thank you! 🙏 The relief is palpable.  😌

Listening to it now it’s such an interesting piece of music. Presents itself like a simple court dance but then Beethoven pours these advanced devices into it.

I'm not a huge Beethoven fan overall, but the Allegretto from Sym. 7 is something I frequently play when trying out new instruments (that is, instruments that I am new to).

• Like 1

Eugenio Upright, 60th P-Bass, Geddy Lee J-Bass, Hofner HCT-500/7, Yamaha BBP35, Viking Bari

Select Strat, Select Tele, Am Pro JM, LP 57 Gold, G5422DC-12, T486, ES295, PM2, EXL1

XK1c, Voyager, Prophet XL