Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Powered speaker saga - with a happy ending

9 hours ago, Reezekeys said:

It does look like you have to spend time with the QSC's eq settings to get the best out of them. My old K8s only have a few switches, one of them can set it on what they call "vocal boost." These switches can inadvertently change position when you put on & remove the slipcover. That's happened a few times to me, and I can tell you that the "vocal boost" setting makes my digital piano sound like complete crap!

The voicings are presets, there's an LCD screen with a brief menu dive, just a couple of clicks, select and save.  No switches to change position.  And there's an EQ page where you can tailor a bit more, I think someone earlier mentioned this.  I found this pic of the back panel

QSC-K8.2-LCD-master.jpg

Some music I've recorded and played over the years with a few different bands

Tommy Rude Soundcloud

8 hours ago, HammondDave said:

Would like to have heard an organ with some volume to judge, but with these three sounds at this low volume level, they sound identical to me.  Again, what happens when you reach high volume levels?  In my experience, this is where the QSC's fall apart.

And price?  

Dammit HammondDave, what was I thinking, how could I forget to throw some organ in there?? Now I have to set everything up again!  (no... my wife wants those speakers out of the living room)

Some music I've recorded and played over the years with a few different bands

Tommy Rude Soundcloud