Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

42 minutes ago, time4jazz said:

Thanks. I went back to your video and found that one of the shots showed the keyboard’s screen. The image was too blurred to make out. But knowing you were using one of David Weiser’s programs, which I also have on my PC4-7, I went through all of his B3 programs and think that the blurred image matches the ‘70s Drawbars3 program. 

That sounds right!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

hey looking to get a k2700 or a forte ( found one cheap locally for 1200 less than a new k2700).

do i miss out on any rom waveform with the forte ( i noticed a bunch of pipe organs on the k2700 factory list)?

can i load the factory bank of the k2700 to the Forte ( was really digging the demos of the k2700 i heard great sound design)

thanks alot .

• 5 weeks later...

Any 61 synth keys model;

Kurzweil K2661 + full options,iMac 27",Mac book white,Apogee Element 24 + Duet,Genelec 8030A,Strymon Lex + Flint,Hohner Pianet T,Radial Key-Largo,Kawai K5000W,Moog Minitaur,Yamaha Reface YC + CP, iPad 9th Gen, Arturia Beatstep + V Collection 9

https://antonisadelfidis.bandcamp.com

18 hours ago, SET said:

Anyone know if k2700 will be released as a 76 note keyboard, non weighted?

All Kurzweil 76-key waterfall- and 61-key divingboard type keyboard actions are semi-weighted !

See PC3, 361 and A6, 7, 8 and K6, 7, 8 w/ fatar TP8 and TP9S actions.

Forte 7 was the 1st one using a shorter TP-40L action.

:)

A.C.

6 hours ago, Al Coda said:

All Kurzweil 76-key waterfall- and 61-key divingboard type keyboard actions are semi-weighted !

See PC3, 361 and A6, 7, 8 and K6, 7, 8 w/ fatar TP8 and TP9S actions.

Forte 7 was the 1st one using a shorter TP-40L action.

Unless I’m missing something, my Forte 7’s keybed is not non-weighted. 

SET inquired about a 76 key non-weighted keybed, so I’m not clear on what you’re trying to say here.  

Sorry for being dense.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

16 hours ago, Dave Bryce said:

... my Forte 7’s keybed is not non-weighted. 

That´s because I said Forte 7 was the 1st one using Fatar TP40L (which is fully weighted 76 keys and exactly the same than TP40L w/ 88 keys).

16 hours ago, Dave Bryce said:

SET inquired about a 76 key non-weighted keybed, so I’m not clear on what you’re trying to say here.

That´s why I mentioned ALL (except Forte 7) 76 key actions Kurzweil used since the release of PC3.

Because these were ALL semi-weighted,-  I doubt they will come w/ a non-weighted action ever.

A.C.

12 hours ago, Al Coda said:

That´s because I said Forte 7 was the 1st one using Fatar TP40L (which is fully weighted 76 keys and exactly the same than TP40L w/ 88 keys).\

Oh, I know it.  That’s one of the main reasons I got the Forte 7.  Brother Carlo’s dream come true - hammer action in a 76!

dB

• Like 1

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

On 12/24/2022 at 1:58 AM, Dave Bryce said:

Oh, I know it.  That’s one of the main reasons I got the Forte 7.  Brother Carlo’s dream come true - hammer action in a 76!

dB

Yes, I know you know that.

See my post as a summary for forumite SET,- last but not least because no one here knows if there will be any non-weighted action released by Kurzweil ever,- and it would have been so easy going over to the Kurzweil site, click on legacy products and see what has been released in the past and just to get a picture.

A.C.

On 12/27/2022 at 12:11 PM, Al Coda said:

Yes, I know you know that.

See my post as a summary for forumite SET,- last but not least because no one here knows if there will be any non-weighted action released by Kurzweil ever,- and it would have been so easy going over to the Kurzweil site, click on legacy products and see what has been released in the past and just to get a picture.

A.C.

“Of course I know that” 

J a z z  P i a n o 8 8

--

Yamaha C7D

Montage8 | CP300 | CP4 | SK1-73 | OB6 | Seven

K8.2 | 3300 | CPSv.3

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/30/2022 at 8:13 AM, Melodialworks said:

I've been in touch with Kurzweil about this. They have stated that they are "between distributors" in Canada at this point in time . . . 

I sent some emails to music stores in Quebec, Canada this month and none of them had any kurzweil.

On the kurzweil Facebook, I sent a message and they told me that they did not have any distributor.  Found that strange as all other brands do. They told me to try to buy from USA but I said that I wanted to buy from where I live in case I need help with repair, etc.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/23/2022 at 6:39 AM, Al Coda said:

Well, when a zone is set to "MIDI" only w/ the local keyboard channel set to "none",- the zone is controlled by an external MIDI device only.

A to the Kurzweil connected expression pedal doesn´t work in the given (external) zone then.

Instead, the expression pedal has to be connected to the external MIDI controller and has to be activated in the given (external) zone´s parameter page for "pedals 1 and 2".

(the same rules for pedal-switches, wheels, ribbon and individually assignable buttons, sliders etc.)

Well, there is a trick: you can set up a second zone for the same MIDI channel that ignores keypresses and just handles the controllers.

So: under the "main" screen, both zones should have "Channel" set to the same number.  On one zone you set "Input Channel" to the midi channel of the external keyboard; that's the one that will handle note events from the external controller.  On the other you leave "Input Channel" set to "Off", then set "Notemap" to "Off", so that keys are ignored; that's the zone that will handle the expression pedal.  (Or instead of setting "Notemap" to off, you could set the keyboard range to be past end of your keyboard or something; anything to effectively filter out note on/off events for that zone.)

Thanks to Benqo on forums.godlike.com.au for passing along that trick.

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

On 1/30/2023 at 9:10 AM, bfields said:

Well, there is a trick: you can set up a second zone for the same MIDI channel that ignores keypresses and just handles the controllers.

So: under the "main" screen, both zones should have "Channel" set to the same number.  On one zone you set "Input Channel" to the midi channel of the external keyboard; that's the one that will handle note events from the external controller.  On the other you leave "Input Channel" set to "Off", then set "Notemap" to "Off", so that keys are ignored; that's the zone that will handle the expression pedal.  (Or instead of setting "Notemap" to off, you could set the keyboard range to be past end of your keyboard or something; anything to effectively filter out note on/off events for that zone.)

Thanks to Benqo on forums.godlike.com.au for passing along that trick.

when i created my dual/split manual KB3 upper and VAST lower organ i did just this.  2 zones on the same midi channel one just for controllers with notemap off.  Jean from Kurz Technical was the one that tipped me off to try it.  works great.

• Like 2

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie 122; Kurzweil Forte7 & PC3; M-Audio Code 61; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini & Burn

Delaware Dave

Exit93band

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Jim,

Did you create the background rhythm/drum beat with the 2700? I’ve been trying to find a video online about the drum pads/riff generators, but can’t find one. I’m a keyboardist who would prefer not to “drum” rhythms on the 16 pads, but would love it if I could trigger rhythms whenever needed. 

Is this possible with the 2700? If so, I would love a video on the process, if you have time.

Best,

Eugene

• 4 months later...
On 11/3/2022 at 8:09 AM, Jim Alfredson said:

If anyone has any further questions about the K2700, don't hesitate to ask. I have one and I'm in the process of making videos. Here's the first.

How do the Flash sounds in the 2700 (AP, EP, Clav etc) compare to the Forte...soundwise and how they feel as they are "compressed" from 16 GB to 4,5 GB? Also, will there be a K2700 version like the Forte 7? with 76-note hammer action?

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

Arthur Schopenhauer

On 6/28/2023 at 2:46 PM, analogholic said:

How do the Flash sounds in the 2700 (AP, EP, Clav etc) compare to the Forte...soundwise and how they feel as they are "compressed" from 16 GB to 4,5 GB? Also, will there be a K2700 version like the Forte 7? with 76-note hammer action?

Honestly, they did a great job squeezing the samples into a smaller space. I don't hear any compromise. 

I don't know of Kurzweil's production plans. I wouldn't be surprised if a 76 key model is release but I don't know if it for sure will.

• Like 1

On 6/28/2023 at 1:46 PM, analogholic said:

I would expect them to be partway between the PC4 and the Forte - I notice a difference in the acoustic pianos on my PC4 for sure unfortunately; mainly where the sample stretch points go a bit too far for my taste. It's made the difference to where I plan on switching brands to a Nord Stage 4 as my piano board since the Forte is no longer made. The K2700 should be a bit better but not enough of an improvement for me personally. The AP's are the only area where I notice an audible change.

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

• 1 month later...

Hello, sorry for my novice question! I seriously want to buy the K2700, but want to know first if it is possible to fully use it also as a DAW controller (Logic), using all the sliders and knobs as a midi controller. Is it easily possible? I couldn't find an answer anywhere. Thank you for your help!

Of course you can but I do not not know if it has auto mapping like Roland Fantom...

Kurzweil K2661 + full options,iMac 27",Mac book white,Apogee Element 24 + Duet,Genelec 8030A,Strymon Lex + Flint,Hohner Pianet T,Radial Key-Largo,Kawai K5000W,Moog Minitaur,Yamaha Reface YC + CP, iPad 9th Gen, Arturia Beatstep + V Collection 9

https://antonisadelfidis.bandcamp.com