Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Ever the businessman, Kanye says album only for hardware buyers.

I've spoken on this before here...

While I am no fan of Kanye (or Ye, since he legally changed his name) the person, the art is indisputable. The music (particularly the early stuff, as with most) will stand the test of time. If you disagree with that, you're woefully lacking in cultural context.

Fame appears to have gotten to him, and in a serious way. I hope he can get the help he seems to need and I hope his ex and family can live in peace.

9 hours ago, MAJUSCULE said:

I've spoken on this before here...

While I am no fan of Kanye (or Ye, since he legally changed his name) the person, the art is indisputable. The music (particularly the early stuff, as with most) will stand the test of time. If you disagree with that, you're woefully lacking in cultural context.

Fame appears to have gotten to him, and in a serious way. I hope he can get the help he seems to need and I hope his ex and family can live in peace.

Ye - that’s funny.  Makes for an entertainment news cycle. Prince did the same - I think it was related to his battles with his record label. 

My understanding is that Kanye’s  obnoxious bravado has been with him since he got started. Like most humans who behave this way, I suspect it’s cover for enormous self doubt.  He apparently also suffers from bi-polar disorder but despises being dismissed as crazy. According to statements in interviews he sees himself as a significant historical figure, pushing the envelope.  Out there in the wild really doing what others only dream about.  Compares himself to Buffalo Bill. 

His musical effect and influence on my life and apparently most here is minimal, negligent.  And his dabbling in politics and “reality television” I’ve largely ignored as pointless, annoying even.  But he’s had the opportunity to counsel and photo-op with a President.  So I guess he’s really doing it. 

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

11 hours ago, MAJUSCULE said:

...the art is indisputable. The music (particularly the early stuff, as with most) will stand the test of time.

Fame appears to have gotten to him, and in a serious way.

That's it in a nutshell (no pun intended). Maybe.🤣

Like several "artists" before him, Kanye, Yeezy Yeezus, Ye, etc., is milking fame and celebrity. 

Hopefully, Kanye will put this foolishness behind him before he hits the big 5-0 several years from now. 😎

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"