Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

NAMM 2022! Who’s going?

Dave Bryce

Hmmm. I forgot about it, TBH, though I was thinking about GearFest. I doubt I'll be able to do both, so I'd have to decide on one. :idk:

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

https://www.sweetwater.com/gearfest/

We're already counting down to GearFest 2022 next June 24th and 25th! 

:idk:

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Yeah. 

I know one company that's going to both. I won't say who because I won't speak for them. But it will be interesting to see if the two events in the same month affects who attends what.

A lot of companies I know are not going to NAMM.

I’ll go to NAMM for Cloud, but Cloud most likely won’t go to Gearfest.  I’m planning on going to Gearfest representing MPN, but not sure.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Affiliations: Cloud Microphones • Music Player Network 

Do you think those companies will eventually return to NAMM or is what so many have been predicting for years finally happening, that big trade shows have no point, everything is done online or other ways, etc.? 

I saw it myself, NAMM 2020 was huge and crowded and didn’t look like a dying show to me, even though I had never been to that show before. Macworld was huge, too, but once Apple pulled out, it was done. NAMM isn’t dependent on one vendor like that, though. But if a few big players stepped away, the dominoes could start to fall. 

Personally I’d like the opportunity to attend NAMM again. I enjoy trade shows, especially if I don’t have to work them, especially if I don’t have to work them for a lousy boss, especially if the show isn’t right after New Years and my holiday isn’t ruined getting ready for the show. 😂

No, really, getting to hang out with a bunch of people with common interests and see the latest gear in my favorite field? Macworld was that for me back then, and stuff like NAMM and GearFest are that for me now. 

16 hours ago, Joe Muscara said:

Do you think those companies will eventually return to NAMM or is what so many have been predicting for years finally happening, that big trade shows have no point, everything is done online or other ways, etc.? 

I suspect more than a few companies are done with trade shows.  I think they were forced to see what they could do without them and found out they could actually do quite a lot, while actually spending a whole less money in the process.

A few of the companies I hear are not going to NAMM:  Fender, Gibson, Universal Audio.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Affiliations: Cloud Microphones • Music Player Network 

20 hours ago, Joe Muscara said:

But if a few big players stepped away, the dominoes could start to fall. 

3 hours ago, Dave Bryce said:

A few of the companies I hear are not going to NAMM:  Fender, Gibson, Universal Audio.

You named two of the "big players" I was thinking of. If they stay away from NAMM, that could be the end of it…

I was talking to my sales rep at Sweetwater yesterday, and he said he didn't know if GearFest would ever be in person again. He believes it will remain virtual, meaning manufacturer's reps will still be coming to demo their products online, but the general population would not be there. I guess that's what it was like last year. :idk:

If that's the case, then it's NAMM or nothing for me. I'm leaning towards NAMM, of course.

I have had it confirmed that GearFest 2022 will NOT be in person this year, at least. So I guess it's NAMM for me, if I'm going anywhere in June. :) 

following up on Joe and I texting each other last week about this, I was 60/40 probably not going. Were I able to stay in CA longer maybe, many reasons why I can't stay longer right now. Huge expense for me for a weekend. Anything changes, you guys will be among the first to know. 

• Like 1
:nopity:

• 1 month later...

Well, my flights and hotel are booked. I'm staying at the same place as 2020, which was the Hampton Inn & Suites that's right behind Buca di Peppo. Even if we don't meet up there, I liked the location and the access. And the bed. Best sleep I had in ages.

Anyway, I'm flying in on Friday and out on Sunday. Who is gonna be there?

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/2/2022 at 5:15 PM, Joe Muscara said:

Who is gonna be there?

Anyone? Doerfler? :idk:

[I know you're not going, Dave. But your name worked best for the joke.. :D ]