Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Looking for: Cheapest 61+ board with Sustain Pedal and MIDI out (DIN or USB)

Says it all in the title. I'm really looking for something I can take to and leave at a rehearsal space, and hook up to Mainstage. 

Casio CT-S1 seems like the obvious answer here (or maybe other in the CT line?) and really the right price point (say, under $300).  Is there anything else in this space that'll do the job? With more keys?

M-Audio Code 61.  

61  Keys, Synth Action with Aftertouch and Velocity

1 x Wheel (Pitch-Bend)
1 x Wheel (Modulation)
16 x Pads (Velocity-Sensitive)
8 x Endless Rotary Encoder
9 x Sliders
9 x Button (Assignable)
1 x X/Y Pad

1 x USB Type-B (does midi merge)
1 x 1/4" Footswitch/Sustain Input
1 x 1/4" Expression Pedal Input
1 x MIDI 5-Pin Input
1 x MIDI 5-Pin Output

USB or external power supply powered

4 zones available

No longer manufactured but can be found used or new on many sites for no more than $300.  I purchased mine new about 1 year ago for $250.  Despite what people say they are available from several sources; you just have to look around.  Nice keybed feel.

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie 122; Kurzweil Forte7 & PC3; M-Audio Code 61; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini & Burn

Delaware Dave

Exit93band

20 hours ago, BluMunk said:

Says it all in the title. I'm really looking for something I can take to and leave at a rehearsal space, and hook up to Mainstage. 

Casio CT-S1 seems like the obvious answer here (or maybe other in the CT line?) and really the right price point (say, under $300).  Is there anything else in this space that'll do the job? With more keys?

CT-S400. Haven't tried it with Mainstage, yet; but I use it with Logic, as a teaching tool. It also interacts seamlessy with the software instruments on my iPad, including the Cubasis 3 DAW.  It has a pitch wheel, which is absent on the CT-S1. With all the control and sound assignments being done in Mainstage, you likely don't need a more elaborate controller.  And the set of sounds in the CT-S400 is crazy-good, for the money. I plan to take mine out, at the very least, as a back-up instrument. Should my main 'board go down, I could easily finish a gig with the CT-S400. And many gigs could be completely covered by it.

And if Casio released a 76-key version of the CT-S400, I'd be all over that.

• Like 1

'Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless' - Mr. Boffo.

We need a barfing cat emoticon!

Samson Carbon, $139 list. MIDI Out, Sustain, runs from a USB Type-B connector, pitch & mod wheels. Bus-powered, oct +/- switches, velocity sensing. It has an iPad slot just above the keys as well. I use their 49-key model ($99 list) and its a solid trooper. The keys are a bit clacky, but its no deal breaker. Bare-bones, yet serviceable.

"I want to be an intellectual, but I don't have the brainpower.
  The absent-mindedness, I've got that licked."
        ~ John Cleese