Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

New Waldorf with Keys and “Pressure”

Ahh, here we go again with the "teaser", which will now be followed by 100 posts of speculation in the vein of "I hope they do xxx...", followed by the 100 posts expressing disappointment when they didn't fulfill the wishes expressed in the previous 100 posts! 🙂 

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

The hollering over pressure sensing seems a bit hollow for me. I have yet to more than minimally train my own ears to hear poly pressure, IF its done well enough to be properly evident at all. That means "Wow, hear those horns, strings and synth separate in the sonic field," not the all-too-frequent mono pressure that usually adds more SPLONK than Art. I got to play with a Seaboard a bit (an elegant experience) and I hope the Osmose ups that ante in the public ear. I usually have to turn mono AT *off* because it eats up bandwidth while sounding a bit like a repair waiting to happen. Its greater fun with solo patches, but still very much like a condiment. 

As it is, pressure sensing, even with MPE well applied, still sounds like its in its infancy. It needs a better and perhaps more standardized mechanism so players could become immersed in a stricture of discipline not unlike that for guitar or woodwinds. For now, it feels like more of a budding novelty for synth players, who already understand what's going on under the hood.

"I like that rapper with the bullet in his nose!"
 "Yeah, Bulletnose! One sneeze and the whole place goes up!"
       ~ "King of the Hill"

On 2/14/2022 at 8:41 AM, Reezekeys said:

Ahh, here we go again with the "teaser", which will now be followed by 100 posts of speculation in the vein of "I hope they do xxx...", followed by the 100 posts expressing disappointment when they didn't fulfill the wishes expressed in the previous 100 posts! 🙂 

If you don't like it here, then why don't you just leave??? :cop: :roll:

;) 

• Haha 1

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

6 minutes ago, SamuelBLupowitz said:

It's a synth specifically designed for covering songs from the Encanto soundtrack.

No? Anyone?

I was thinking more like a Billy Joel synth

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Instruments: Walters Grand Console Upright Piano circa 1950 something, Kurzweil PC4-88, Ibanez TMB-100
Studio Gear: Audient EVO16, JBL 305P MKII monitors, assorted microphones, Reaper

1 hour ago, timwat said:

My little granddaughters are ADDICTED to this movie. They're two-year-old twins, and when we had them overnight they wanted this movie on continual repeat.

Um, sorry, not much on the new Waldorf though...hahahaha

Reciting word for word here. It’s a hit! 

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560