Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: Horrifying! Flying alarm clock!!!!!

David Emm

I'll go out on a limb and say this product is within the Top 5 Most Likely To Get Thor's Hammer on the first day. Its power auto-doubles if you are hung over.😬

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TW-lRARx47c

"Your Honor, according to witnesses,
    Miss Congeniality led the attack
     with a kick to the groin."
           ~ Dan Fielding

Just hearing the Doppler effect from my flying alarm clock after throwing it out the window made it a worthwhile experience!!

Backstory: I had the kind of job that was ultra time sensitive and I absolutely could not be late for work in the morning. so i dutifully set my alarm clock before going to bed the night before wholly unaware of the power failure that was about to occur in the middle of the night. the phone woke me when the call came in telling me that I was late for work. You'd think that was bad enough but it gets far worse.  Super pissed off about the power failure I went out and Bought a big red windup clock with the two big red bells on top...kinda cute.

The next morning that puppy went off sounding like a five alarm fire right next to my head. I jumped up, slid the window open, went into quarterback mode and launched that clock waaay down the street. Briiinnnngggg!! good riddance wind up clock.  ( I would so destroy that little drone alarm clock! batter, batter...batter up!)

Many years ago, I read about an alarm clock from Japan (of course), which started with a normal alarm signal, then it switched to more and more loud and unpleasant noises in the next ten minutes, and finally, if you had not stopped it yet, started to emit an unbearable smell! Strictly for masochists... :freak::noway::wacko:

Involves loud/startling alarm that wakes you up, requires you to get out of bed to turn it of, and then stay awake long enough to retrieve that propellor thingie and put it back in the socket. Sympathetic nervous system activation (i.e., flight/fight), physical activity further increases heart/respiration rate, concentration increases mental/cognitive activity. Ingenious! 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."

- George Bernard Shaw

Nothing worse than an alarming alarm!

The default on my old phone came up automatically while SETTING the alarm. It had a barking dog, a screaming  baby, police siren, fire truck, yelling romantic partner, and every other heart attack inducing sound you could think of, all at the same time.

I would always set it to the solo jazz piano rendition of "Misty", which would gently wake me up, without the heart attack side effect.

When that non-smart phone died a permanent death a few months back, I was left without a dependable alarm, as my travel alarm rarely goes off.

As someone who is brand new to smart phones and annoyed at how little customization Apple allows us, I have been terrified of using my first iPhone as my new alarm clock. 🙂

Eugenio Upright, 60th P-Bass, Geddy Lee J-Bass, Hofner HCT-500/7, Yamaha BBP35, Viking Bari

Select Strat, Select Tele, Am Pro JM, LP 57 Gold, G5422DC-12, T486, ES295, PM2, EXL1

XK1c, Voyager, Prophet XL

Many years back, a friend had a quirky off-brand clock that would start up a cassette as an alarm. The pranking options were obviously endless. The rest of us picked the worst one, namely all of us screaming OH GOD WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE EVERYTHING IS ON FIRE ITS THE END THE NUKES ARE COMING!!!!, *with* high-dB sound effects under it, of course.

The next time we got together, he said, "Oh, by the way" and proceeded to stomp the cassette into giblets.

With a straight face, he then said "Good joke, ONCE."💩🧠😛

• Like 1

"Your Honor, according to witnesses,
    Miss Congeniality led the attack
     with a kick to the groin."
           ~ Dan Fielding