Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Any 73/76 key board with Fatar TP40 action?

I know the Nord Piano 5 has a 73 key version with the Fatar TP40 action, but that’s the only one i’m aware of.  I’m trying to find 73/76 key board with this action (that I like a lot) to pair with my Nord Stage 3 Compact.

Anyone know of any other keyboards less than 88 keys with this action?

25 minutes ago, Coker said:

The original Stage 2 had one.  Sweet action, if you can find one.

Also Stage Classic and EX. I have a s/h classic 76 and am very happy with the action.

Kurzweil Forte 7 has the TP40/L (Nords use TP40/M)

I can't think of others at this point.

Cheers, MIke.

Yep, I just picked up a used Forte 7 and it has an action close to what I remember from my old Studiologic controller.  Might not be the exact same TP-40 (especially considering that was made in the 90s) but close. 

This is a perfect form factor for my needs, both for gigs and at home.  I don't play any "real" piano that would require all the octaves, and this is big enough to do the splits I'd need.  It also manages to be very compact, fitting into some 61-key cases apparently.  There's less than an inch from the keyboard sides to the outer keys.

The NP5 73 was what I was hoping Nord would do for a long, long time. Bought one two months ago, and I'm in love with it. Sold my NE6 HP to fund it and don't miss it a bit (and the new one fits perfectly in the hardshell and soft cases I already had). I had been on the hunt for a 73-76 with a better action than TP100, and if I had found a used NS2 76 at a reasonable price I probably would have pulled the trigger on that.

Nord: Piano 5 73, Electro 6D

Casio: PX-5S

Yamaha: P-121

Novation: MiniNova, BSII, Circuit

DSI Mopho x4

9 minutes ago, TWizzle said:

The NP5 73 was what I was hoping Nord would do for a long, long time. Bought one two months ago, and I'm in love with it. Sold my NE6 HP to fund it and don't miss it a bit (and the new one fits perfectly in the hardshell and soft cases I already had). I had been on the hunt for a 73-76 with a better action than TP100, and if I had found a used NS2 76 at a reasonable price I probably would have pulled the trigger on that.

Maybe I should put mine up for sale. Didnt realize they would be in demand. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, FatFingers said:

Kurzweil's K2700 also has the TP/40L keyboard.

The OP was asking about 73/76 key instruments. K2700 is currently only in 88-key (although that may change based on past Kurzweil behavior).

~ vonnor

Gear:

Hardware: Nord Stage3, Korg Kronos 2, Novation Summit

Software: Cantabile 3, Halion Sonic 3 and assorted VST plug-ins.

On 2/8/2022 at 5:14 AM, Al Coda said:

Kurzweil Forte 7 offers FATAR TP40L

AFAIK, Nord uses the "M" variant.

I dunno if that makes a big difference, but it might because NORD tweak their actions a bit.

A.C.

I own both and there is a not huge but noticeable difference. The Nord seems a little heavier and substantial and optimized for the piano experience. I actually wish it was backwards as I vastly prefer the Nord organ and slightly prefer the Kurz Pianos! However, I love them both and it's splitting hairs. Happily gig with either.

You want me to start this song too slow or too fast?

Forte7, Nord Stage 3, XK3c, OB-6, Arturia Collection, Mainstage, MotionSound KBR3D. A bunch of MusicMan Guitars, Line6 stuff