Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Another "whatever happened to...?" thread

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by offramp:

Icehouse

Go West

Terrence Trent d'Arby

Iva Davies (who is effectively Icehouse) is still doing stuff. I profiled him earlier in the year as he co-wrote and recorded the Master and Commander soundtrack. Great guy, very modest. :thu:

Terence Trent d'Arby is still around also - he covered lead vocals for INXS for a little while there after Michael Hutchence's death.

Originally posted by x factor music:

terrence had a CD last year called "wildcard," which got favorable reviews but didn't sell many copies. he is living in italy, i believe.

True,... I saw him perform live for 50,000 people 2 years ago here in Holland.

Fan, nu pissar jag taggtråd igen. Jag skulle inte satt på räpan.

http://www.bushcollectors.com

I was asked to do a gig with Terence d'Arby for the opening of a new club in NYC: me on piano, him singing his little heart out.

The night of the gig, I arrived at the club and was inside waiting for him to arrive. However, when he arrived, there were so many people outside waiting to get in, that he decided to blow it off and told his driver not to stop!

There was another singer who happened to be at the club, and so we threw together a little somethin' somethin' for the crowd and everything was fine and dandy.

For some reason, Terrence's sister had my phone number, and for awhile I'd get these raspy phone calls: "Yo Yo, Terry there?"

But he never was.

Dooby Dooby Doo

I'm fairly sure Donnie Iris is still performing somewhere...seems I heard that not too long ago.

d'Arby was pretty cool for awhile, then he made some unbelievably puffed-up spew about being bigger than the Beatles, or a better writer than the Beatles, or somesuch B.S....after that, I tuned him out.

Heard Go West on a satellite radio the other day, got to thinking about them, and remembering how I always thought the lead singer never looked like a lead singer, more like a corporate kinda guy. A Google search turns up nothing ('course, I'm not an expert Googler, either...)

I've upped my standards; now, up yours.

Terrence Trent d'Arby recently resurfaced as Sananda Maitreya. I don't know why exactly but he decided to change his name. His site is here: http://www.sanandamaitreya.com/

And you can check out his weed files here: http://www.sanandamaitreya.com/angels_&_vampires/the_songs/

He does have a great voice but everytime I think of him I hear Wishing Well.

Originally posted by Jonathan Hughes:

"the singer from The Fixx"

I saw he Fixx two summers ago and they were great. They were talking about a new album, so I'd assume they're still touring. I saw a thing on VH-1 about CY Curnin (the singer) and for a while he was designing hats.

The Fixx just came through Colorado last month.
I've upped my standards; now, up yours.

Originally posted by skipclone 1:

the singer from The Fixx

My wife hired Cy and company for a festival two years ago. They are still going strong and sounded SO much better than 38 Special, the Outfield, Night Ranger, and Cheap Trick, who were all on the card.

They sounded like they were just about to hit it big...their old songs stood the test of time, and my wife said that in all her years of public relations and special events planning, she'd never met nicer guys.

"For instance" is not proof.

Originally posted by jpmiii:

Donnie Iris is alive and well in his hometown of Pittsburgh, PA

I still think "Leah" is one of the coolest songs I've ever heard.

"For instance" is not proof.

The Fixx actually just played a club here in S.B. that I play all the time too. Definitely a nice buncha guys, and their energy, musicianship, and production values were stellar.

Alan Parsons also lives in town, and I understand he's just completed work on a new studio album.

Stephen Fortner

Principal, Fortner Media

Former Editor in Chief, Keyboard Magazine

Digital Piano Consultant, Piano Buyer Magazine

Industry affiliations: Antares, Arturia, Giles Communications, MS Media, Polyverse

Originally posted by zeronyne:

Originally posted by jpmiii:

Donnie Iris is alive and well in his hometown of Pittsburgh, PA

I still think "Leah" is one of the coolest songs I've ever heard.
Yeah, it pretty darn cool tune. Donnie still get a lot of airplay on WDVE out of Pittsburgh. He's a hometown hero.

"I never would have seen it, if I didn't already believe it" Unknown

http://www.SongCritic.com

Archived