Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Happy holidays/Merry Christmas/have a great week

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Solstice is over, the days will get longer. Joy and Happiness to All!!!!

And somewhere I have abandoned building photos too - Hotel Fresno in Fresno CA. We got access from the real estate agent to use the roof to photograph the PG& E building down the block a bit.

The place had been occupied by homeless. And brutally stripped of every inch of copper wire. AND... somebody threw about 40 toilets out the windows and onto a third story roof, surreal.

It was a creepy place, I took photos with an ancient Zeiss folding camera that shot 6x6 on 120 film.

One of these days I'll go through all of my prehistoric film stuffs and maybe I'll find the contact sheet. I know I never printed any of them. I did use some flashbulbs, those were fun.

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

And somewhere I have abandoned building photos too - Hotel Fresno in Fresno CA. We got access from the real estate agent to use the roof to photograph the PG& E building down the block a bit.

The place had been occupied by homeless. And brutally stripped of every inch of copper wire. AND... somebody threw about 40 toilets out the windows and onto a third story roof, surreal.

It was a creepy place, I took photos with an ancient Zeiss folding camera that shot 6x6 on 120 film.

That sounds awesome! I'd love to see those..... Bonus points if there's a musical instrument in there somewhere.

That's the Hotel Fresno downtown I assume? I shot a couple exteriors of it five or six years ago and have been curious about it ever since. There was also a Motel Fresno with its iconic neon sign but it's gone now as it stood in the way of the new high speed rail line.

That sounds awesome! I'd love to see those..... Bonus points if there's a musical instrument in there somewhere.

That's the Hotel Fresno downtown I assume? I shot a couple exteriors of it five or six years ago and have been curious about it ever since. There was also a Motel Fresno with its iconic neon sign but it's gone now as it stood in the way of the new high speed rail line.

It IS the Hotel Fresno in downtown Fresno. Small world, isn't it? I seem to remember a devastated grand piano in the "ballroom" but I wasn't there to take photos and needed to save a couple of frames in case something went wrong with my friend's gear. He used a 4x5 camera, the tilts and shifts really help for shooting architecture. Both of us had the feeling we were being watched and we were glad to get the assignment done and get out of there!!!

It could be a while at the current pace, I am slowing going through everything that I own and getting rid of as much un-needed accumulation as possible. That is a priority, my space has become far too cluttered to be allowed to continue.

I may have to get negatives scanned too, was shooting C-41 film on that day. The shutter speeds were slow on the old Zeiss so I needed to be able to over-expose, not a time for slide film.

Now I sort of miss my old Voigtlander Bessa 6x9, sort of...

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

• 2 weeks later...

I look forward to seeing the Hotel Fresno and other stuff! That sounds great! Is it still around?

I heart you about decluttering.