Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Greatest piano solo (w/least amount of notes.)

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting...never really thought about keyboard solos in that light.

I have though with guitar solos. Solos like the first one in Comfortably Numb--on paper, that is an extremely simple solo. Sounds amazing, though of course the orchestration helps make it work so well.

Edit: not piano, but synth. I recently learned (sorta!) the solo to From the Beginning, and again that is a fairly simple one technically...it's the timing and note choices that are amazing. Interesting to hear some of Emerson's live versions of that where he gets a bit busier :)

Yes, stokely, Comfortably Numb and From the Beginning are examples of the kinds of solos I prefer as well. Off the top of my head, I can actually think of more memorable guitar solos than keys solos. Hotel California and Stairway To Heaven are obvious classics. Lesser known, I really like Dave Lambert's work with Strawbs.

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

Adding a guitar solo to the fun. Cinnamon Girl, one note.

Pete Towshend beat him to it on "I Can See For Miles"

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)