Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Wall mounted cable management

dalpozlead

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I built a high school piano lab that way. Raceway on the wall going up, trough just below the ceiling going back.

I've always thought that for a home or church, one could combine indirect lighting fixtures and cabling trough to keep cables both invisible and maintainable.

At my (rented) house, the solution is the opposite: there's room between the carpet and the baseboard heaters to hide several cables for across-room runs

-Tom Williams

{First Name} {at} AirNetworking {dot} com

PC4-7, PX-5S, AX-Edge, PC361

Working through a similar need. I was planning to run conduit inside the wall (3" maybe) , with some 'blank outlets' (don't know the exact name in english) that can use as entry points at strategic places. I did this for my home theater at home and worked pretty well. The other idea was do some troughs running along the wall and through the floor, with some easily removable plates.

This is what I mean for blank outlets:

http://www.colombelliecolombelli.com.br/product_images/l/301/cego__58156_zoom.jpg

Korg Kronos X73 / ARP Odyssey / Motif ES Rack / Roland D-05 / JP-08 / SE-05 / Jupiter Xm / Novation Mininova / NL2X / Waldorf Pulse II

MBP-LOGIC

American Deluxe P-Bass, Yamaha RBX760

Working through a similar need. I was planning to run conduit inside the wall (3" maybe) , with some 'blank outlets' (don't know the exact name in english) that can use as entry points at strategic places. I did this for my home theater at home and worked pretty well. The other idea was do some troughs running along the wall and through the floor, with some easily removable plates.

This is what I mean for blank outlets:

I also love the "blank outlet idea"..., inspired by Paul Thomson's studio tour:

at 3:35 he shows closer.

I just dont know exacttly where to start, hardware wise...

In the future, when the tech becomes more affordable, many small studios will start to use Dante or other Ethernet networks for this sort of thing, and run single CAT6 cables rather than snakes. Right now it's not practical for small setups, though.

Dr. Mike Metlay (PhD in nuclear physics, golly gosh) :D

Janitor and Hall Monitor, Dr. Mike's Studio Workshop

clicky!: more about me ~ my schwag ~ my radio station (and my fam) ~ my local tribe ~ my day job

Snakes along the baseboard and breakout boxen strategically placed.

Moe, I understand this works if you know exactly what you want (number of audio cables, midi cables, whatever), but not if you want the flexibility to run different cables. Or am I missing something?

Korg Kronos X73 / ARP Odyssey / Motif ES Rack / Roland D-05 / JP-08 / SE-05 / Jupiter Xm / Novation Mininova / NL2X / Waldorf Pulse II

MBP-LOGIC

American Deluxe P-Bass, Yamaha RBX760

Snakes along the baseboard and breakout boxen strategically placed.

Moe, I understand this works if you know exactly what you want (number of audio cables, midi cables, whatever), but not if you want the flexibility to run different cables. Or am I missing something?

If I had a 24 input DAW interface, I would probably run an 10 channel box to one wall, another to the opposite wall, and the remaining inputs would service rack gear on the console. Or something like that.

I would run power separately. Midi is a complication. Unless you have a central midi patch bay, it's going to get messy sometimes.

Moe

---

"I keep wanting to like it's sound, but every demo seems to demonstrate that it has the earth-shaking punch and peerless sonics of the Roland Gaia. " - Tusker

http://www.hotrodmotm.com