Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Good song sheet organizer apps for Android (or iOS)?

Hi guys,

I was wondering if any of you that are gigging are using an Android device for your song/lyric sheets? If so, what app are you using, or how are you doing it? Trying to figure out if Android is a usable platform to do this.

The only thing I'm currently aware of is OnSong, but it is iOS only. I'd rather use an Android tablet if I can. If that's not an option, are there any opinions on OnSong, or are there any other options that are just as good or better available?

The Players:  OB-X8, Numa Compact 2X, Kawai K5000S, cheap Korean guitars/basses, Roland TD-1KV e-drums.  Eurorack/Banana modular, Synth/FX DIY.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's 5 for Android https://www.codamusictech.com/blogs/news/top-5-paperless-sheet-music-chord-chart-apps-for-android

I us an iPad with Unrealbook - does pretty much most of what Onsong does without all the "hoopla" that goes with Onsong. IE, imo,. a MUCH simpler app to use.

There is no luck - luck is simply the confluence of circumstance and co-incidence...

Time is the final arbiter for all things

MobileSheets Pro on Android is what I"m running. The biggest draw back is you need to connect to the web once in a while to renew the license file. It"s $12 to buy. It will also send MIDI changes via little USB MIDI. (Micro or Mini, heck I don"t know which. It"s the one the tablet has. ð

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

Also using MobileSheets Pro, on a Samsung Galaxy tab S3. I have (let me check...) 269 "songs" in it. Every time somebody gives me something, I add it. For charts I make myself I either do them on paper and scan them in, or start with a blank page and write them directly on my tablet using the app's annotation system--which isn't really what's it's meant for, but it mostly works. I make a setlist for each show and keep the tablet on a stand in front of me. It can be configured to flip pages with a pedal, but I've just been tapping on the screen.

With my PX-560 I kept a note of the registration with each song and changed them by hand. With my new setup (PC4 and Deepmind 12) I'm storing the necessary MIDI command with each song in MobileSheets and its doing everything by MIDI/USB. It took some fiddling to figure out how to set that up, but it seems to be working OK now. I haven't actually used it outside the house yet.

I keep my collection sync'd to google drive and my phone, for redundancy.

Happy to answer any questions.

OnSong works great for me, and I'm using an old iPad 3 to run it, so it doesn't require a lot of processing power. I've started keeping all sheets on it that we use in the worship band, and it is getting to the point that most are already in it. Have separate categories for chord sheet, lead sheet, Nashville, and Hymns, which I scan to PDF and put it it.

It works best with Dropbox, but works well using iCloud. The old iPad 3 is using an older version, but that can be downloaded from the App Store.

Have it on my phone also for any time I'm in a service when I'm not playing.

Howard Grand|Hamm SK1-73|Kurz PC2|PC2X|PC3|PC3X|PC361; QSC K10's

HP DAW|Epi Les Paul & LP 5-str bass|iPad mini2

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Jim

I use forScore on an old iPad Air, I do a LOT of scribbling on music, and it's annotation stuff is fantastic. Love the stamps, love the multiple note layers which I can use for the same song with different bands. Love being able to import a massive pdf like the Real Book and bookmark pages so they appear as separate songs.

I only wish the tablet was maybe 2.54cm bigger all the way round.

MusicNotes.com has an app for their sheet music that runs on Android. It also supports personal PDFs and you can sync across platforms. It's a pretty decent sheet music reader. https://www.musicnotes.com/apps/android/

- ForScore also supports downloads of sheet music purchased from MusicNotes.com.

- For lead sheets, I like using iReal Pro's editor.

I'm curious about OnSong, but I always get tangled up in their pricing descriptions - can never figure out which one I "really" need.

Wow, thank you everyone!! You've given me a lot of stuff to check out. To CEB or the other MobileSheets users - so what happens if the app wants to check your license but you don't have Internet connectivity? That concerns me and I don't think I need anything that fancy so maybe one of the other Android apps would be better for me (unless they all do the same thing??).

The Players:  OB-X8, Numa Compact 2X, Kawai K5000S, cheap Korean guitars/basses, Roland TD-1KV e-drums.  Eurorack/Banana modular, Synth/FX DIY.