Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

M1 native music plugins and software�

I just got my M1 Pro MBP 16" and I'm hoping Arturia will have M1 native versions of their software soon.

Seems like they've been dragging their feet. They did have a statement on their website for close to a year about them working on M1 compatibility, but it's no longer on the website. That either means updates are imminent or they're having problems updating their stuff.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got my M1 Pro MBP 16" and I'm hoping Arturia will have M1 native versions of their software soon.

Seems like they've been dragging their feet. They did have a statement on their website for close to a year about them working on M1 compatibility, but it's no longer on the website. That either means updates are imminent or they're having problems updating their stuff.

Porting to a new chip for software that his probably doing a low of low level code is time consuming. I would imagine with a fast SoC there are a lot of timing issues to work out.

The video above from Martin is reassuring. I haven't pushed my Mac mini nearly as hard as he's pushed his and it is unlikely that I will.

Some of my plugins cannot be installed, the ones I really wanted are fine. I plan on getting some years out of this computer and that seems likely.

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

' UAD v9.15 Release Notes:

AMS DMX Digital Delay & Pitch Shifter brings the only authentic emulation of the rare, vintage digital hardware

Manley Tube Preamp packs classic tone in an easy to use plug-in

New retina graphics for over 20 UAD plug-ins

Support for Apple Silicon Macs and macOS 11 Big Sur'

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

• 2 weeks later...

ARTURIA is in with 8.2

V Collection's instruments can now run smoothly with native support for Apple's next-generation M1 processors, ensuring flawless performance on the latest macOS machines. Check out our FAQ for more info.

https://www.arturia.com/faq/utilization/compatibility-with-m1-processors

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

Eventide just announced Apple Silicon compatibility for their plugins.

Physion and Micro Pitch are among my favorite plugins, great sounds and easy to use interfaces with more options than expected.

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...