Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

M1 native music plugins and software�

Spectrasonics is ready to goâ¦

https://www.spectrasonics.net/news/news-content.php?id=125

"The new support is significant, since it allows Spectrasonics users with M1-processor based Mac computers to utilize all of the powerful capabilities of the new technology and experience extraordinary performance at low buffer settings. Not only does this native Apple Silicon support allow significantly more instances of Spectrasonics plug-ins, but the major improvement in latency performance allows live performers to have a more reliable and immediate experience onstage - even with inexpensive off-the-shelf Apple laptops!"

The new versions are free to existing registered users

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Inevitable, they cannot afford not to do it. Others will follow, NI is a good sized company with more resources than some.

Eventually, I'll replace my 2014 MacBook Pro with something current, probably a Mac Mini since I run a 27" monitor all the time anyway.

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

Yes, I am too considering jumping from W10 to this new MAC, probs in the form of the MacMini rather than the iMac or laptop

There is no luck - luck is simply the confluence of circumstance and co-incidence...

Time is the final arbiter for all things

Apogee Control 2 beta software works with these Apogee products:

Duet for iPad & Mac

ONE for iPad & Mac (black version)

ONE for Mac (silver version)

Quartet

Apogee Control 2 beta software is compatible with these operating systems:

macOS 10.14 - Mojave (Apple silicon M1 & Intel processors)

macOS 10.15 - Catalina (Apple silicon M1 & Intel processors)

macOS 11 - BigSur (Apple silicon M1 & Intel processors)

Windows 10 - This Beta release features a Windows driver update

• 4 weeks later...

Roland has announced that 28 of its carefully crafted AU software musical instruments managed via Roland Cloud are now updated with native support for Apple silicon.

Roland instruments now updated with native support for Apple silicon include:

ZENOLOGY

SYSTEM-1

SYSTEM-8

JUNO-60

TR-606

D-50

JX-3P

PROMARS

SH-101

JUNO-106

SYSTEM-100

TB-303

TR-808

JUPITER-8

JV-1080

TR-909

SH-2

XV-5080

SRX BRASS

SRX DANCE TRAX

SRX ELECTRIC PIANO

SRX KEYBOARDS

SRX ORCHESTRA

SRX STRINGS

SRX STUDIO

SRX WORLD

SRX PIANO I

SRX PIANO II

Apogee Control 2 beta software is compatible with these operating systems:

macOS 10.14 - Mojave (Apple silicon M1 & Intel processors)

There's an M1-native version of Mojave? Or, Mojave runs on M1 Macs via Rosetta 2?

' Native support for Apple silicon is another example of Roland's commitment to leveraging the latest developments in computing to bring authentic, iconic sound to musicians and producers at every level. Building on nearly fifty years of synthesizer research and development, Roland uses deep circuit modeling and other advanced techniques to create inspiring new designs and to perfectly recreate the sound of legendary hardware instruments like the Roland TR-808 Rhythm Composer drum machine and the JUPITER-8 and JUNO-106 keyboard synthesizers.

While the resulting sound and behavior is detailed and lifelike, it requires more processing power than some previous technologies, which focused more on efficiency than sound quality. When using software instruments that favor authentic sound and behavior, gains in computer performance are vitally important, especially to those just starting out that may not have powerful workstation computers.'

So Roland's software is M1 native, but that has nothing to do with the Q I raised. The blurb I quoted is confusing. "macOS 10.14 - Mojave (Apple silicon M1 & Intel processors)" implies Mojave running on Apple silicon.

My questions were more or less rhetorical anyway since afik M1 Macs aren't running any MacOS earlier than Catalina. But, I have been known to be mistaken on a few occasions! :)

So Roland's software is M1 native, but that has nothing to do with the Q I raised. The blurb I quoted is confusing. "macOS 10.14 - Mojave (Apple silicon M1 & Intel processors)" implies Mojave running on Apple silicon.

I don't think that is what they're saying. I think saying that Roland software is compatible on Mojave 10.14 on Intel processors through the current OS on Apple M1 silicon.

-Mike Martin

Casio

Mike Martin Photography Instagram Facebook

The Big Picture Photography Forum on Music Player Network

The opinions I post here are my own and do not represent the company I work for.

I don't think that is what they're saying. I think saying that Roland software is compatible on Mojave 10.14 on Intel processors through the current OS on Apple M1 silicon.

I"m sure you"re right but why then list the following OSses separately? That"s why I was confused.

macOS 10.15 - Catalina (Apple silicon M1 & Intel processors)

macOS 11 - BigSur (Apple silicon M1 & Intel processors)

There was a Keyscape update sent out today and I just installed it. For those of you bleeding edge of tech people with M1 Apples the first line of the update features is... "Adds native support for Apple Silicon M1 Macs".

Thought you like to know.

This tide of support will only pick up speed. I am waiting a while, not only because I tend to be at least a little bit trailing-edge, but also because Apple hasn't yet released an M1 machine that I find super-compelling from a features standpoint.

On the other hand, I have an M1 iPad Pro square in my sights...

Dr. Mike Metlay (PhD in nuclear physics, golly gosh) :D

Musician, Author, Editor, Educator, Impresario, Online Radio Guy, Cut-Rate Polymath, and Kindly Pedant

Editor-in-Chief, Bjooks ~ Author of SYNTH GEMS 1

clicky!:  more about me ~ my radio station (and my fam) ~ my local tribe ~ my day job ~ my bookmy music

I am wondering a bit about the M1 and the new ipads that supposedly will be coming out pretty soon with that chip. In particular I'd like to get an ipad mini, it would be more convenient as far as size at less than 8 inches, and far more powerful than my current 5th gen ipad. That said, I haven't noticed any performance issues with B3X or other synths, so not a huge reason to upgrade. Hoping the new ones have better battery life (not sure if mine is getting worse due to age or what.)

I'll definitely make sure B3X is compatible first.

So I made the switch from Windows 10 to M1 Mac over the weekend. A few things that might help some folks:

I installed Reason Suite, Studio One, NI Komplete, Arturia"s V collection, the MioXL from iConnectivity, and the software for my headless mixer (Presonus Studiolive 32r). Everything seems to work, although I did have to restart in recovery mode to change the permissions to allow extensions to be installed.

Also, during some installations, the system would restrict certain drivers from installing. If you pause at that moment and go to the Security and Privacy system control panel, you can waive those restrictions.

Two things for me that have not been updated: my aforementioned Presonus mixer does not seem to be able to work as the audio interface for Reason, which was the whole point of me going headless. Also, Roland has not updated the driver for their Cakewalk-branded UM-3G and UM-3EX interfaces.

"For instance" is not proof.

This M1 review is the best of the lot so far. It seems likely that there will be an M2 with more pro horsepower, but I'm not Alan Parsons or Eddy Offord, so this is working well.

G-Media's M-Tron was ready to go, as are AAS instruments. A Brit article I read claimed the Roland Cloud was M1-compatible, but their site says 'Not at present. We're working on it.' There goes my D-50 for now. Ah well, growing pains are always SOP with a new OS.

"Why can't they just make up something of their own?"
           ~ The great Richard Matheson, on the movie remakes of his book, "I Am Legend"

I know we've seen the gazillion copies of audio VSTs loaded on an M1 Mac, but I'm really impressed that he did an online concert - while live-streaming and recording in OBS, without any glitches! That's insanely good performance, and crazy optimization for audio/video. (he talks about it at 03:13)

[video:youtube]

Thanks to you & Jonathan for the heads-up. There's tonight's next goal. I'm still a mild form of 'nervous' about it all, but each step I've taken has worked on the first bounce. Its enough to make a guy buy a new synth to compensate for the OS upgrade orphans.... :puff:

"Why can't they just make up something of their own?"
           ~ The great Richard Matheson, on the movie remakes of his book, "I Am Legend"

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Native Support for Apple Silicon Macs: SynthMaster 2 and SynthMaster 2 Player now run natively on Apple Silicon Macs, provided that the DAW is running natively.

New Factory Presets: 150 new factory presets by NatLife, Yuli Yola and Selcuk Ergen are now added to SynthMaster's factory library, increasing the presets count to 2000.