Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Does anyone make a table top effects unit?

I'm looking for something to use with modular and beat boxes. Very tweakable in a live setting. Good control over delay, reverb and filter. Oh, and plenty of knobs. I had high hopes when Elektron announced Analog Heat, but it is mainly just a saturation/distortion unit. Useful, but not on its own. The Line 6 pedalboards give me the sounds, but not the live tweaking. Honestly, the closest thing I have found is the Roland MX-1 Aira mixer. Still, I need more. Can anyone suggest a delay/reverb/filter unit with lots of controls that would work in a desktop EDM hardware setup?
This post edited for speling.

• 1 year later...

Well, it took me a year but I finally ordered a Erica Synths Zen Delay. Will be here tomorrow. I was tempted by units like the Strymon Bluesky, Nightsky, and more. In the end I think the Zen will be the best fit. I can use my LIne 6 HX Stomp for general hands off just enter a program number effect, and the Zen Delay for hands on echo, filter and distortion tweakage.

Maschine is an exceptionally cool FX processor, although not in the conventional sense. I discovered that I could use the dynamic mic input with guitar if I made a cable that padded down the level and matched the impedance. You can have a ton of parallel paths, and there are a bunch of effects. It's really quite underrated. Here's the intro of an article I wrote for Guitar Player:

Native Instrument’s hardware/software system, Maschine, includes a sampler, arranger, mixer, effects, and audio interface. While aimed at the groove/dance/DJ market, it has some hot guitar/bass potential—like being able to host VST plug-ins (including amp sims like Guitar Rig, TH3, and AmpliTube—although it doesn’t host VST3 plug-ins yet). For parallel effects, you can load plug-ins in up to 16 Maschine Sounds/Mixer Channels (Figure 1). These channels can also hold series effects, and you can solo or mute individual channels.

Bottom line: Maschine can be a powerful multieffects for guitar, with multiple possibilities for parallel, series, and parallel/series effects chains. (And of course, Maschine’s intended purpose is pretty cool—you can make killer backing tracks.)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Anderton said:

Bottom line: Maschine can be a powerful multieffects for guitar, with multiple possibilities for parallel, series, and parallel/series effects chains. (And of course, Maschine’s intended purpose is pretty cool—you can make killer backing tracks.)

Interesting. I have the MKiii thus avoiding the stand alone version. This gives me reason to consider it. Would be interesting to try it with beat boxes and my modular.

4 hours ago, RABid said:

Interesting. I have the MKiii thus avoiding the stand alone version. This gives me reason to consider it. Would be interesting to try it with beat boxes and my modular.

I'll post the article on my site later today so you can see more details. 

• Like 1

Hmmmm, just had a vision. ... New company. Anderton's Specialty Cables. First Product, the guitar/Maschine cable with a 390k resister.