Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Native Instruments Summer Upgrade/Update Sale Started

Looks like the annual update/upgrade deals at 50% are underway with NI. I'm updating from K12 Ultimate to K13 Ultimate for half price.

Yamaha U1 Upright, Roland Fantom 8, Nord Stage 4 HA73, Nord Wave 2, Korg Nautilus 73, Viscount Legend Live, Lots of Mainstage/VST Libraries

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hah; I auto-deleted that email without reading it, but realizing there might be a bargain in there! I have such a hard time keeping up with what version of Ultimate I'm on anymore!

Hmm, I'll have to check to see what has come out since K12 Ultimate Schmultimate (big regret in spending extra for the new top-of-line package, as I don't like what NI did with the GUI's even if I feel the third-party sample companies did a pretty good job in gathering the material -- it's just so hard to use those symphonic libs if one is a fine-grained library tweaker like I am).

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

I have K12 standard, and while there are certainly things in Ultimate I'd like, I haven't been using my home studio enough period--let alone Komplete--to justify it. If I hadn't gotten Zebra 2 on last year's sale, then maybe....

Doesn't help that I want an HX stomp and new guitar....

Noire is the big goodie for me.

Some of the stuff like Mallet Flux, Pharlight/Straylight/Mysteria, Stradivari violin and the session guitars and Super 8 are just toys and ear candy for fun, but I will play Noire for sure.

Yamaha U1 Upright, Roland Fantom 8, Nord Stage 4 HA73, Nord Wave 2, Korg Nautilus 73, Viscount Legend Live, Lots of Mainstage/VST Libraries

I just updated. Was long overdue.

I'm going to have to get an external hard drive for my laptop for all the libraries and stuff though.

Got a 1Tb secondary drive in my desktop, but the laptop is getting pretty full,

so I'm going to have to be a bit selective until I get more space.

I went through the list of new stuff, listened to audio demos, and have exactly zero interest in anything added in K13 vs. K12. Even stranger, hardly anything has been released since K13, so will there even be a K14 -- especially with so little to add to the mix?

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

NI used to offer an upgrade path to full Kontakt if you had any registered libraries, you have to look under "special offers" in your account and it will tell you.

I think I qualified through Sound iron's Emotional Piano, or some Spitfire stuff. Got it during one of the Black Friday deals. Emo piano is still a great library, but there is something very special about Noire. I upgraded to full Kontakt just for that.

I've never been all that Krazy about the other stuff that's in Komplete.

Chris Corso

www.chriscorso.org

Lots of stuff.

Does Full Kontakt ever go on sale? It"s regular price on their website.

My path to getting Komplete 12 on sale was to get Komplete 12 Select on sale, then wait for an upgrade sale to go from Select to full Kontakt. it took a while as they didn't/don't do product and upgrade sales at the same time of year, but it did end up saving me several hundred dollars.