Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Hey it's $4,070 off the original price.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That expensive and they still want $800 shipping.

Guess Wakeman has joined the Boomer musicians club of SAG (Sell All Gear). The sad part another boomer Yes fan will buy it and thinking his kid will cherish it after he's gone. In reality the kid will say "who the hell is Rick Wakeman" then trade it for a used MPC 5000.

In this scenario someone does get a win out of it. Wakeman gains some retirement funding. You may think this pricing is inflated, consider the costs of healthcare.

The father buying something they value for his oblivious kid has been part of life for generations. A lot of the things we acquire in life only have value and meaning to us. When my mother died I walked through the mausoleum on the cemetery grounds and realized that in most, if not all, cases everyone there and probably several generations after them with any knowledge of them were long forgotten as though they had never existed. Much of life is what we bring to it. That fades as we age and the youthful focus on living life. Maybe the best thing to do is start selling and carefully giving away your valuables early in your ever approaching elder age while you have the capacity to see that it goes to someone who appreciates it.

Yet for some there is a snowball's chance in hell. I recall going to see the newly restored The Wizard of Oz in a movie theater and sat next to a father who assumed his kid would get a great experience out of the film like he had. We have come a long way since TWOO was initially released. There have been many many many improvements in the process and the young movie going audience is part of these times not some time generations before they were born. In a movie theater the film really showed its age and no amount of technological enhancement could change most of it. The sound especially failed miserably given the sound systems in theaters today. The kid wanted to leave. The father was trying to convince the kid to stay hoping that just a little more time and the kid would see the light.

I wonder how many understand that comment.

Sometimes just referencing what might have been the case can be funny. Anyone who was not familiar with the reference would likely watch the clip and get the joke even when the name is spelled correctly in the ad.

Thank you drawback for posting it. I watched a few of the Seinfeld clips as a result. Still throws me when I see Jerry with his hair dropped so short nowadays.

I wonder how many understand that comment.

Hammond C3 Organ owned & used by Ric Wakemon

This was amusing, as Junkie XL's big sale got some hooting as well. He made a solid point about pulling out a Jupiter-8, finding one voice out and another out of tune. By the time it got back from the shop, he'd moved on. His replacement rig reads like a top-end project studio, with a Moog One, a Quantum and such. Nostalgia is fine, until you get a $4k repair bill for a synth that ran $4k in 1984.

I've begun to develop new aches and fart dust a bit, but the only real sneer I have for the young'uns is actually more of a grin. King Crimson is one of my top 5ers for general range and virtuosity. Its deeply gratifying to play "Sleepless" or Fripp's "You Burn Me Up, I'm A Cigarette" and watch their peepers pop out. They DO get it, when they get to hear it. Its just that modern pop's balls dropped off about 25-30 years back, reckons Pappy. Not much honest fire to be found there now. Who was it who said Kenny Loggins' popularity made guys impotent for the duration of that folk-y cycle? :facepalm::laugh:

I'd have more respect for "the music business" if they had the balls to follow Taylor Swift with some Sons of Apollo and let the listeners decide. :rawk:

"I like that rapper with the bullet in his nose!"
 "Yeah, Bulletnose! One sneeze and the whole place goes up!"
       ~ "King of the Hill"

wakeman keytar

I found the hottest score of them all. RICK WAKEMANS keytar. I guarantee this thing has rubbed against his satin outfits and more importantly his gold cape!

And if $3,663.15 is too pricey for you, I'll sell you my rk100 for less than half that but you got to get your own cape.

FunMachine.