Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

What are YOU doing to celebrate this weekend?

Well Punk? ;) What's goin' down?

If you're not playing music, then you're automatically voted off the island!

So let's hear it - I'm about ready to make some plans and I need some suggestions! :)

Is There Gas In The Car? :cool:

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Friday ... relaxing by the fire in the backyard.

Saturday ... taking the kids to the beach in the daytime, and going out to see some live music later, but we haven't decided which show to go to just yet.

Sunday ... probably do some yard work and chores, then we play the Manistee Forest Festival fireworks show.

Monday ... chillin

Hey Tom!

Well, I'm trying to decide where to take the wife and kids to see some fireworks where the crowds might not be that big. Any suggestions?

Other than that I'm finishing some vocals on a CD project I'm recording on Saturday and just hanging out (after church on Sunday) for the next two days.

Hope you and your family have a nice 4th. When are we going out again????

Chris Groegler

Sound Designer,

Red Storm Entertainment

Drivin 6 hours to hit the beach in my old home town on LI. (I really need to live near the ocean)

Probably see the fireworks at Jones Beach with a few hundred thousand of my closest friends. Next week is off. Decompression time and maybe some song writing.

Margharita season is upon us.

Check out some tunes here:

http://www.garageband.com/artist/KenFava

Saturday, I'll be at my Dad's big annual 4th of July picnic in the midst of the Davy Crockett National Forest in East Texas.

At the picnic, we'll be having barbecue goat and homemade peach ice cream with big chunks of peach in it. Yum.

He has a ranch down there with a private lake that has a peninsula of land jutting out into it. We go to the end of the peninsula to shoot our artillery shells (a great type of firework) and other fireworks. Get the double artillery shells ... you won't be sorry. They make for a terrific private fireworks show. :wave:

Originally posted by Rog:

Why?

What's happening this weekend?

;)

Rog... nevermind, it's just another weekend.

Chris - Hi! If we're not at the beach, we'll probably catch the fireworks at the fairgrounds. I honestly have not finalized my plans. But that's nothing new. It's even written somewhere that one of my personality traits is to procrastinate & wait for the best offer before making final plans. I'm waiting for an offer to head down to the beach, drink waaaay too much beer, and get naked with women who are half my age. ;)

Hmmmmmm, perhaps I should check out the NEXT best plan... :rolleyes:

As for getting together, zeronyne said that he was really interested in coming back to RTP and buying us all a round of beer or ten. I'm waiting for HIM to finalize his plans. Can't wait to hear his latest stories about his house.

Take care,

Tom :cool:

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

Saturday: our bass player and I are backing our friend Kenny Howes at his CD release gig! I co-engineered on the CD too, like a year ago and it's finally coming out. Woohoo!

Sunday: Big BBQ party at my friend Christo's house. Much music and goofy videos. Yay!

I'm driving 7 hours to Mexico. I'm leaving today, is my sisters 25th wedding aniversary, and also I'm going swiming @ one of the 3 rivers close to my home town[i grew up there].

:thu:

Jesus Is Coming, Make Music, Get Ready!

OK I lied. I am doing something this weekend. I'm getting a freakin' head start by going to the Hall and Oates concert tonight.

http://www.alltelpavilion.com/images/bands/lrg-rocknsoul.jpg

The Average White Band is playing. Michael McDonald is singing. From what I've heard, this is a helluva show. Especially if you were born back in the dark ages and can remember when Hall and Oates released their RECORD Abandoned Luncheonette like I do. Good stuff!

Best of all, they've got BEER there! (and PEANUT M&Ms, Brakka!) :D

Is There Gas In The Car? :cool:

Friday: Might go see what's goin' on down at the Tremont Music Hall

Saturday: :confused:

Sunday: Playing guitar at church service. Probably going to go see The Chronicles of Riddick :thu:

Monday: chillin'

Tuesday: start a new job. :thu:

BlueStrat

a.k.a. "El Guapo" ;)

...Better fuzz through science...

http://geocities.com/teleman28056/index.html

Big weekend for me.

Got a couple musician-friends from back in Penciltucky coming stayin' over for the long weekend, so we'll probably be goin' to the beach a few times.

Got gigs Friday and Saturday.

Throwing the summer iteration of the bi-annual bash the woman and I throw for music-and-bidness friends Sunday.

Probably more beach Monday.

Collapsing Tuesday. :bor:

band link: bluepearlband.com

music, lessons, gig schedules at dennyf.com

STURGEON'S LAW --98% of everything is bullshit.

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: The Jackhammer of Love and Mercy.

Get yours.

Originally posted by Rog:

Why?

What's happening this weekend?

;)

You didn't hear? Craig's throwin' a huge keg party!

Originally posted by Dennyf:

Big weekend for me.

Got a couple musician-friends from back in Penciltucky coming stayin' over for the long weekend, so we'll probably be goin' to the beach a few times.

Got gigs Friday and Saturday.

Throwing the summer iteration of the bi-annual bash the woman and I throw for music-and-bidness friends Sunday.

Probably more beach Monday.

Collapsing Tuesday. :bor:

So Denny...do you go to the Boardwalk beaches or Sandbridge (which was 5 minutes from our house when we lived there)?

As for the Geezer...it's STILL RAINING so yardwork is out

:D

Sunday the Geezers are geting together up in the Hill Country for BEEr and BBQ Chicken, so I'm sure there will be some Rock n Rolling.

Monday I may spend some time and try to figure out how to get a decent guitar signal into the IMac :rolleyes: provided the wifey doesn't do the Home Depot routine :rolleyes:

Lynn G

I'm gigging in Aptos, CA (on the coast near Santa Cruz) for a big beach party this venture capital firm has every July 4. Playing keys, acting as chief schlepper and technical troubleshooter as well, as I often do.

Stephen Fortner

Principal, Fortner Media

Former Editor in Chief, Keyboard Magazine

Digital Piano Consultant, Piano Buyer Magazine

Industry affiliations: Antares, Arturia, Giles Communications, MS Media, Polyverse

Saturday morning: play video games with my kid.

Saturday night: rehearse with my band.

Sunday afternoon: block party gig in Orange County. We've played for many of these people before, and they treated us like rock stars. Should be fun.

Monday afternoon: big gig for a labor union party in San Pedro. I think we're one of three bands on the bill. I have no idea what time we go on. Attendance is expected to be several thousand folks. Again, should be fun.

- Jeff

Tom, Groeg, I'll hoist a beer in your honor this weekend. We'll have to get together again soon. I think I'm there at the end of July.

Friday: Fly to DC in the morning, give nerve wracking presentation, fly back in the early afternoon. Take Maalox and go to bed.

Saturday: Take advantage of living in a fireworks-legal state for the first time and buy a few mortars from some 9 fingered, one eyed clerk with bad teeth. Play with the two year old.

Sunday: Christen the new deck and fire pit by attempting to 1)exceed the weight capacity of the deck with drunken revelers and 2)see if cedar is flammable and whether fireworks will reach from the fire pit to the house.

"For instance" is not proof.

Archived