Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

This May Open Up Entirely New Areas for Drummer Jokes

When an article has a lead sentence like "tiny musical instruments might just be the key to the future of quantum computing," you can bet that I pay attention.

It's wild that the researchers used microwave light to play two drum patterns on drums the width of a human hair (in the near absolute zero temperature needed for the experiment), and figured that might be the key to practical quantum networking,

Just imagine what they could do with quantum networking based on feedback guitar...

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As a keyboardist I find drummers to be almost as low as vocalists. As a drummer, I'm insulted by my own thoughts.

Always been fascinated by miniature robotics. When I was young I thought that all you had to do is build a self replicating device that would recreate itself at half the size, then let the creation build itself at half the size, etc... Then when studying the manufacturer of chips and learning that the size of atoms and molecules is a major limiting factor in size reduction of current electronics I got interested in sub atomic particles.

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

They're working on a way of figuring out how to automatically have 2 quantum entangled drummers on the other side of the planet screw in a lightbulb, by explaining it to 2 drummers in a room in Maryland?

Quantum research is going so fast and heavy I doubt anybody is on top of all of it right now.

Guitar Lessons in Augusta Georgia: www.chipmcdonald.com

Eccentric blog: https://chipmcdonaldblog.blogspot.com/

/ "big ass windbag" - Bruce Swedien

They're working on a way of figuring out how to automatically have 2 quantum entangled drummers on the other side of the planet screw in a lightbulb, by explaining it to 2 drummers in a room in Maryland?

Quantum research is going so fast and heavy I doubt anybody is on top of all of it right now.

Guitar Lessons in Augusta Georgia: www.chipmcdonald.com

Eccentric blog: https://chipmcdonaldblog.blogspot.com/

/ "big ass windbag" - Bruce Swedien