Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Hi Everybody,

Friday, May 21st I am having reconstructive foot surgery on my right foot.

It will be eight weeks before I can put any weight on that foot and then a slow transition to being able to walk again.

I won't have easy access to this computer (I don't use my phone to surf the internet) so I probably won't be around for a while. I've got lots of helpful friends who will visit and take care of needed chores like shopping, cooking, taking out the garbage, running the laundry, etc. I'll be fine, it won't be fun at first.

I love it on MPN, I'll be back. Cheers, Kuru

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I won't have easy access to this computer (I don't use my phone to surf the internet) so I probably won't be around for a while. I've got lots of helpful friends who will visit and take care of needed chores like shopping, cooking, taking out the garbage, running the laundry, etc. I'll be fine, it won't be fun at first.

I love it on MPN, I'll be back. Cheers, Kuru

Your insights and positive vibes will be sorely missed!! Here's hoping everything gets back on the right footing for you as soon as possible, and that you'll sail through recovery. Maybe now will be a good time to catch up on movies :)

Thanks Everybody, this forum is one of my favorite web hangs on my favorite website.

Fun topics, great friends, no downside. I plan on returning soon and yes Mike, I will miss all y'all!.

Y'all are the BEST!!!!

I got a call late yesterday afternoon, they want me at the surgery center at 5:30am tomorrow and here I was worried this would run into the afternoon.

I've got a friend giving me a ride there and I hired a non-emergency medical transport service that will wheelchair me into their van, take me to my condo, wheel me to my bed and help me from chair to bed.

Best $109 I'll ever spend, I'd hate to put my friends (and myself!!!) through that.

My brother and some friends have have this done, I know it won't be fun at first but I am looking forward to having a more useful foot, mine is not great now.

When I can, I will return to MPN - this is a great place to hang on the web and it's because of all you fine folks. :)

KP, claiming all will go well with your surgery and a speedy recovery. :thu:

Come back soon. :cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"