Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

A simple IOS sample playback app ??

I got a Viscount Legend70"s Compact yesterday.

Definitely a keeper, are starting to roll my own programs.

I will try to write up a review on it later with pros and cons , if I can figure out to do it in a understandable English :roll:

To my surprise it will playback from a IOS, only connected with a camera connection kit and USB cable through the master volume knob, so it is a win win, all my IOS music apps got a host in a simple way.

But I am thinking to use this Legend to replace my NS, for that I miss something for my IPad that are easy to use and can playback simple samples, mostly a couple FX by triggering for example C2.

I have used some hours on Google and YouTube, but most of them are looper and sequencer based. What I think I need are something where I can for example import a sample created in Logic and playback from the Legend.

Any idea?

/Bjørn - old gearjunkie, still with lot of GAS

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One shots? Sound FX? Like orchestra hits, someone screaming? Or you want a good sample library of all kinds of sounds the Legend modules you have don"t cover?

Sorry, I was not clear there, but something like at least 30 seconds. I have one with seagulls I am using as an intro and ending of a somg as an example.

I will not try to sample and playback more regular synth sounds the Viscount are missing.

/Bjørn - old gearjunkie, still with lot of GAS

Does GarageBand let you assign different samples over different sets of keys? (Not taht the OP necessarily needs that.)

My biggest issue with GB remains its poor MIDI implementation. It "listens" on all MIDI channels, so you can't use it in conjunction with any other MIDI sound generating app (it will always play, even when you only want to play the other app).

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

I'm guessing no (practical) limit. I'd just been using short one-shots. The manual doesn't mention anything. As a test, I just loaded up a 70 MB stereo WAV file. 44.1 kHz. 24-bit. 4:40 long. Loaded up (from Dropbox) and triggered no problem.

Roland Fantom 06; Yamaha P-125; QSC K10; Cubase 13 Pro; Windows 10