Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

D-50 Patches - Ultimate Patches

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I gave this a listen and it covers most of the D-50 well as a base set. How far you want to go depends on having the PG-1000 and what your goals are. I bought the Cloud version and a few sounds from here and there, like Kid Nepro's.

Its like (almost) any other 80s synth: what it does well is great and what it doesn't shows off the cat-offending beauty of shrill, 8-bit sampling rates from Heck. If you've taken it up as a new thing, my advice is to focus on the sweetheart pads and VA aspects. I'm enjoying those the most. There's leeway with the bells and vocal patches, but their classic brass blip makes me cringe a bit, for example. You'll know them when you hear them. It'll stick out like a sore whammy bar. I'm coming to be of the opinion that God always uses a D-50 in His pad layers. They're like Instant Aural Exciter.

"Why can't they just make up something of their own?"
           ~ The great Richard Matheson, on the movie remakes of his book, "I Am Legend"

Those are pretty impressive sounding for such an old board. I can see that being useful for folks who have a D-50 (or whatnot) and want to have some modern pop sounds.

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments