Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Viscount Legend - pricing question

I'm considering buying myself a Viscount Legend or Legend Live as a retirement present to myself. I've been casually watching these models and comparing to similar Hammond and Crumar models over the past year or so, as I approach my "big day". Recently I looked online again and noticed that the Legend model is priced about $1000 higher than the Legend Live. I could have sworn when I started looking at these organs a while back that the Legend model was priced only a few hundred higher than the Live. Am I remembering this correctly, or is old age blurring my memory? :(

I do like the idea of the Legend since it has the identical switch and preset key layout to the B3, but not sure it's worth $1000 to me.

Thanks,

Lou

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think $1000 difference is pretty music what they have been for a while. I just picked up a Legend Live and while the extra preset keys on the Legend was tempting it wasn't worth the extra money or weight. But you could be right. I was looking at the Legends about 2 years ago and I picked up a Mojo instead but thinking back I recall seeing the Legend for quite a bit less that the current price. Then again it could have been a b stock model I was looking at.

You won't go far wrong with the Legend Live. It's a great machine.

Yamaha MODX8, Legend Live.

Wonderful retirement present for an organ enthusiast. I think you"d be happy with either and if you choose the Live you"ll have a few bucks left in your pocket for pedals, seat, lamp, maybe a Leslie. Whatever you think will put the bow on the gift.

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

As a Viscount dealer, I can tell you that yes, the full-sized Legend with the reverse-colour preset keys has always been about $1000 more than the live. They have the same functions and sound though. I use the Live model though - fits easier into small stages/bars.

www.dazzjazz.com

PhD in Jazz Organ Improvisation.

BMus (Hons) Jazz Piano.

my YouTube is Jazz Organ Bites

1961 A100.Leslie 45 & 122. MAG P-2 Organ. Kawai K300J. Yamaha CP4. Moog Matriarch. KIWI-8P.