Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Lucky to be alive

Car crash. Lost control, thrown from vehicle. Left knee, right shoulder badly scraped, nice gash above hairline. Godamn, am I gonna be bruised in the morning. Nauseous right now.

It's really, really nice to see you all. I mean it.

I've upped my standards; now, up yours.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:thu:

It's really, really nice to read your post. I mean it.

And thanks for reminding me that life is precious and that fatal car accidents do happen.

http://www.lexam.net/peter/carnut/man.gif

What do we want? Procrastination!

When do we want it? Later!

Originally posted by offramp:

[QB]Car crash. Lost control, thrown from vehicle. QB]

Gotta ask; did it happen at an offramp? Kidding, KIDDING :wave: (Sorry, I could not resist. I s'pose now, I'll get beaned in the head by some kid's pet-rock)

Man, I hope you are okay. Take it easy, plenty of rest, etc. Been a long time since I was involved in an accident. Scary shit!

At any rate, glad you got out of it with only minor damage to your self.

Dude,

Tell us the whole story when you can. And get checked out. Soft tissue damage, spine, disks, etc. can take a few days to show up. Not to freak you out - you're probably fine - just keep it in mind.

Please tell us that you didn't drive without a safety belt.

The Black Knight always triumphs!

Shit, you got thrown from your vehicle and suffered several injuries,

but on the other hand....

Great! You're ALIVE, which is much more than could be said for other people who have been in a similar situation but less fortunate than you.

Today was probably the luckiest day of your life. Rest well, and tell us more when you can.

Look at the bright side. You could have been getting a blowjob at the time. Ouch!

On the other hand - no pun intended - you could have been getting a BLOWJOB at the time! Think of the stories that you could tell! Guys standing around the bar, bottles in hand, hanging on your every word, cringing at every detail...

:D

P.S. Sorry to make light of a serious subject. I have an evil sense of humor, and it gets away from me periodically.

;)

The Black Knight always triumphs!

Thank goodness you're alright. Be sure to take whatever muscle relaxants the doctor's prescribe. They'll save you a lot of pain and muscle damage down the line.

I have to disagree with you Jeebus. This was absolutely not the luckiest day for Offramp! Not by a long shot. Lucky would be Offramp not having been in a violent car crash! ;)

Hmmm?? Golden Colorado, eh? Tell me this doesn't involve a certain refreshment from a large, local brewery.. er, company! Please?!?

Get well, Offramp.

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

I'm terribly sorry to hear about your car crash, and extremely thankful that you were not seriously injured.

However, I do agree that you should see a doctor if you have not already done so. Do not blow this off... it's important to your speedy recovery and long term health.

As far as the seat belt lecture, I doubt he's going to need it after this folks. ;) Right Offramp?

Please get better soon, do whatever the Docs tell you to, and get lots of rest. I'm really glad you're still with us... but probably not nearly as happy about it as you are. :D

Offramp,

The advice give already sums it up very well, take care and please update us when your better.

hang in there :thu:

"Battle not with monsters lest ye become a monster and if you gaze into the abyss the abyss gazes into you."

Friedrich Nietzsche

Off...

I'm gonna take the fact that you haven't responded as a good thing, that you're seeking the proper medical attention. Gash above hairline...nausea...

Won't give you the seatbelt lecture. You probably don't need it. This thread in and of itself is a great seatbelt lecture for those who are reading it.

"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

Offramp,

I'm really sorry to hear about your accident. I hope that you will be OK. Was your wife with you? You didn't mention her in your post, so I'm assuming that she wasn't.

Anyway, I'm glad you're not hurt any worse than you are.

I'm going to repost your picture so that everyone will know who we're talking about, OK?

http://homepage.mac.com/echohaus/.Pictures/misc/1stwinter.jpg

God bless.

Tom :cool:

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

Offramp,

It's good to see that you survived your car crash. I'll echo those saying you need to get yourself checked out for hidden internal damages. Spinal injuries, concussions, internal bleeding, and etc. may not be obvious up front but can do extensive damage if left untended.

Take care of yourself and let us know how you are doing.

Holy crap, offramp! WOW you are lucky. That's how our friend Scott, the guy who designed our logo, was killed a year ago - the driver lost control of the car and Scott was thrown out (and not wearing a seat belt :mad: ). You might remember me posting about it.

PLEASE take care of yourself! The nausea may not be anything, I was in a very frightening car wreck years ago and I walked away with no injuries at all, but for the next 2 days I was nauseous and running a fever, just from the shock. I hope you get yourself checked out at the doc and then rest up for a couple of days!

Yes, as many have mentioned, you MUST see a doc, and now, and tell them about every lil thing, even if it seems minor. It's better to be safe than sorry. Nausea with a head injury is something that needs to be looked at.

It's no use to survive the actual crash if you're going to die later.

Glad to hear that you seem alright, otherwise. Car wrecks are gnarly. When all is said and done, and you're ok and back in the swing of things, let's hear your story, and see the pics of the car :)

Hope all is well man. You know that everyone here loves you.

Dr. Seuss: The Original White Rapper

WWND?

Holy crap, man.

While I'm sorry to hear this, I'm really glad you lived through it (most people thrown from their vehicles don't). Hopefully the injuries are quick to heal.

Let us know how you're recouperating when you can.

- Jeff

Archived