Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Death Wish -- Herbie Hancock

I'm watching the beginning of the movie, Death Wish, and I'm marveling at the intro music with wonderful orchestration and tasty Rhodes, and thinking, "God, why don't they compose scores like this anymore?"

Then I see: "Music Composed, Orchestrated, and Performed by Herbie Hancock".

Such a nice surprise and not surprising!

Couple other tidbits.... Pianist Jeff Goldblum was a killer in the movie who urinated on a victim.

Evelyn "Angel Fish" Martin (Stu Margolin) was another actor for you Rockfish fans.

[video:youtube]

J a z z  P i a n o 8 8

--

Yamaha C7D

Montage8 | CP300 | CP4 | SK1-73 | OB6 | Seven

K8.2 | 3300 | CPSv.3

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw him when he was breaking the Headhunters album. At that show he played Proof Positive but called it the theme from The Spook Who Sat By The Door. Since the title was an epithet they probably decided to change it when the Thrust album came out

I or someone else might have already posted about this, but the original "Actual Proof" was also featured on a Keyboard Magazine "flexi-disk" demonstrating the Rhodes.

I hadn't listened to that in years. Great listen!!

Herbie should have sued Steely Dan for the ripoff on Green Earrings. They probably thought they could get away with doing it to Keith on the Goucho ripoff.

J a z z  P i a n o 8 8

--

Yamaha C7D

K8.2 | 3300 | CPSv.3

Herbie should have sued Steely Dan for the ripoff on Green Earrings. They probably thought they could get away with doing it to Keith on the Goucho ripoff.

I'm not hearing any Herbie references in Green Earrings, but Horace Silver might have had a good case with Rikki DLTN.

I'm not hearing any Herbie references in Green Earrings, but Horace Silver might have had a good case with Rikki DLTN.

I was thinking 5:13-5:17. Just a killer loop. I wouldn't put it past them, -- maybe not, but that's what came to my mind when I heard it.

J a z z  P i a n o 8 8

--

Yamaha C7D

K8.2 | 3300 | CPSv.3