Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Converting a minidisk audio file to MP3 or WAV

Recorded lots of songs on my brother's Sony minidisk recorder. He burned a CD for me but he had to pipe it into his Windows recorder and just sat there for two hours and recorded all of the songs as they played into the recorder. Sheesh. Is there a way to convert a minidisk file to MP3 or WAV?

> > > [ Live! ] < < <

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Duke, check this out, some free, some shareware. [url=http://download.cnet.com/downloads/1,10150,0-10000-103-0-1-7,00.html?tag=srch&qt=wave+converter&cn=Games&ca=10000]http://download.cnet.com/downlo ads/1,10150,0-10000-103-0-1-7,00.html?tag=srch&qt=wave+converter&cn=Games&ca=10000[/url] -it sounds like you already have the conversion software in the CD burner program. If the Minidisk player has no 'fast uplink' port available, I don't see a way of getting the stuff into the PC, other than the slow (analog) way you are currently doing it. Matt [ 01-07-2002: Message edited by: Hippie ]
In two days, it won't matter.

I can understand your problem. I recorded many shows during my tenure as house mixer for The Sutler Bar & Grill, here in Nashville, and found it takes forever to record and edit these shows. Between editing song starts/ends, cutting out long silences or extraneous, annoying noises (The drummer who can't stop slamming his bass drum through every break in the action.) it hardly seems worth it, considering these are for my enjoyment only. :rolleyes: Hippie, do you know which of these shareware/freeware programs convert Minidisc at all? I've seen no mention of the format on any descriptions, and few that claim to convert, "most audio... formats." Thanks.

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Archived