Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Apple Photos: Is there already a great photo editor on your

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Ken, I used iPhoto for some time since my Photoshop Elements 2018 got booted by Catalina.

I just opened Apple Photos for the first time. I still didn't find an Automation feature. I used that all the time in Elements to resize images for posting online.

Looks like a powerful tool just the same.

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

I don't know if it has an automation feature. If it did, I didn't see it. It was some of the other features that impressed me, like the Retouching Feature, which is basically a spot healing/cloning tool! Wow. And some of the other features are surprisingly solid. I was asked to review this, and I thought, "Oh sure, I'll have a look...." and then realized that it's rather good!

I don't know if it has an automation feature. If it did, I didn't see it. It was some of the other features that impressed me, like the Retouching Feature, which is basically a spot healing/cloning tool! Wow. And some of the other features are surprisingly solid. I was asked to review this, and I thought, "Oh sure, I'll have a look...." and then realized that it's rather good!

Yes, the World has been creeping up on Adobe for some time now. Apple are hardly new to the game. I still find Elements 2021 draws me in. I've seen it as low as $70 on eBay and considering how long I intend to use it that's better value than a subscription to the CC.

I used to work in InDesign and Illustrator as well as Photoshop but Elements is much better than Photoshop 5, which I would have been happy with and I started on version 1.07 so I can adapt.

I agree, Apple have really shifted their game in photo processing.

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

Yes, the World has been creeping up on Adobe for some time now. Apple are hardly new to the game. I still find Elements 2021 draws me in. I've seen it as low as $70 on eBay and considering how long I intend to use it that's better value than a subscription to the CC.

I used to work in InDesign and Illustrator as well as Photoshop but Elements is much better than Photoshop 5, which I would have been happy with and I started on version 1.07 so I can adapt.

I agree, Apple have really shifted their game in photo processing.

I just had no idea it worked that well. It's easy to use, as is with the case with most Apple products (not you, iTunes, you're a pain in the rear) and does things quite well. The Retouch really blew me away. That works very well.