Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

College Reps for Sony Music...

I just thought I'd browse through some of the job listings since we have a forum member seeking gigs. When I tapped into Sony Music's job listings, I found this:

Check out the new College Representatives Program:

Sony Music currently has positions available as College Marketing Representatives. College Marketing Reps play an integral part in the breaking of Sony Music's developing artists. Among the myriad of functions and responsibilities, College Reps organize club nights and listening parties, they also interact closely with record stores and life style accounts (skate shops, coffee shops, clothing stores) in their markets. College Reps are also responsible for setting up interviews, instore appearances and meet-n-greets. The College Rep position is a great way to learn about the music business, gain marketing experience and get your foot in the door of one of the worlds leading entertainment companies. If you meet the requirements listed below, why not send us your resume with a cover letter stating the last 5 albums purchased and where, the last concerts you saw and your favorite radio stations.

Requirements:

Currently enrolled in college with TWO or more years before graduation

A car and an answering machine

Strong work ethic

Knowledge & Love of "ALTERNATIVE" music

Positions are currently available only in the immediate area of:

Austin, TX

Burlington, VT

Berkeley, CA

Cincinnati, OH

Columbia, SC

Louisville, KY

Madison, WI

Milwaukee, WI

New Haven/Hartford, CT

New York, NY (Brooklyn)

Sacramento, CA

San Jose, CA

Washington, DC

Send resume and cover letter to:

Sony Music College Department

550 Madison Avenue, 31st Floor

New York, NY 10022

Attn: David Heggie

Or fax to: 212-833-5780

http://www.sonymusic.com/about/jobs.html

I know there are several college students here on the boards, and thought I pass the listing on to folks on board. I thought it was rather interesting.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived