Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

More Wedding Day baffoonery.

Still 2 months from my wedding, and already my palms are sweating and my mouth is getting dry.

We have opted for a more "contemporary" wedding, as neither me, nor my wife are very religious.

The "MC" would like us to write our own personal vows. I do not object to this, but my writer's block does.

I love my fiance and can list a million reasons why. But I don't think I'm supposed to profess my love in list form.

Anyone write their own vows for their wedding? We are both very fond of our sense of humor. I find traditional vows to be dry and corny. I would like to incorporate at least some sort of humor into it. That would make me feel more comfortable with the delivery, and honest with the vows. You know, more natural. I would like it to be short and to the point too. Religion plays no part in it. I won't be promising my love to anyone but my lady.

I hope I don't have a heart attack on The Day.

My Best Man has already come up with his toast -

"Here's to the kisses we've snatched, and the snatches we've kissed."

Amateur Hack

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would suggest you write down that list of a million reasons you love her. (You may want to edit yourself down to 100 or less, though. ;) )

Take the list and search for connections. What binds all those reasons together? Why her? Why put your commitment to her in legal form? (That's all a marriage is anyway.) Why is it important for you to be perceived as one with her?

Hopefully you will find answers that suggest a direction for your vows.

And don't include the phrase, "I want to support her to be all she can be". People will think you're an army recruiter. :D

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

We wrote our own.

Very few of them showed up in the actual ceremony.

But it was cool, because the Rev was charming in a Leslie Nielsen/Buddy Ebsen kinda way. He mentioned our cat.

14th and Lafayette. Pretty non-denom, just like us.

If that's your best man's best, you might want to find another best man.

Don't let me find out where your sweaty-palmed, NeoCon ass is getting married, sucker, or you'll get one hella drive-by shouting. :P:D

I've upped my standards; now, up yours.

Originally posted by offramp:

Don't let me find out where your sweaty-palmed, NeoCon ass is getting married, sucker, or you'll get one hella drive-by shouting. :P:D

Grand Lake, just so I can tell someone who might know where that is. :D

Now you just need the date. ;)

Amateur Hack

Archived