Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Hey SSSers, I need a favor!

MusicPlayer and eBay have opened up a new Pro Audio forum moderated by yours truly. It's very different from SSS -- it's designed to be a place where people can get questions answered about gear, what to buy, how to solve problems -- "all gear all the time." No OTs, no comments on movies or the record industry, etc.

But it needs some activity to get off the ground and so I'm asking you to please go to:

http://www.musicplayer.com/lounge/forums/

And pose a question, start a thread, whatever. Please help get the ball rolling! I would really, really, really appreciate it.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<>

That's great, actually. I'm just branching out, and I appreciate that some SSSers have gone over there to help get the ball rolling. I expect that the overall level will be more basic over time, but right now it's a private club .

I just checked it out. :thu:

I'll try and post some worthwhile questions and/or info there.

Stephen Fortner

Principal, Fortner Media

Former Editor in Chief, Keyboard Magazine

Digital Piano Consultant, Piano Buyer Magazine

Industry affiliations: Antares, Arturia, Giles Communications, MS Media, Polyverse

Originally posted by Stephen Fortner:

DISCLAIMER: The opinions I express here are my own. They are not intended to reflect the opinions, policy, or official position of any publication, manufacturer, public or private educational institution, or other organization with which I may be associated.

DISCLAIMER: The opinions I express are not my own. They are taken from and intended to reflect the opinions, policy, and official position of every publication, manufacturer, public and private educational institution, and every other organization with which I am associated.

;)

Dooby Dooby Doo

Ok...

So I went in and even posted a question.

Funny, it kinda reminded me of the SpongeBob Squarepants episode where he throws a party and wants it to be so perfect, that he plans and scripts everuything. Once everybody got there, it was up and running with no help from him. He got locked out!

Not that is like it, just "reminded" me of...

Originally posted by Philip O'Keefe:

I signed up right after I left my last post on this thread, and still have not gotten the confirmation email back. :confused:

Phil, if you haven't already, just go back in and sign on with the username and password you signed up with. I didn't get an email response either but can log in.

Our Joint

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it." The Duke...

Craig, what about a "field recording forum". That way you get something for the "tapers" and I get to ask "Hey, the new Hi-MD minidiscs are shipping - Has anybody tried one yet?"

Actually, I'm pretty interested in this thing . Many hours of recording, digital i/o, data-storage. Only the entry level units have arrived.

Originally posted by daklander:

Originally posted by Philip O'Keefe:

I signed up right after I left my last post on this thread, and still have not gotten the confirmation email back. :confused:

Phil, if you haven't already, just go back in and sign on with the username and password you signed up with. I didn't get an email response either but can log in.
Thanks Dak!

Craig,

Those are the topics that Im interested in and I'll be there. However, I do have a concern.

With the creation of Phils forum, the wide socpe of SSS, and the variety of topics that get posted in Lowdown, Guitar, FOR the band and Keyboard forums, things are getting a bit factionated.

I find it necessary to check in a several different places in order to catch discussions of interest on the topics you mention above. Now here is another one.

Does this mean SSS is not intended to host threads on these topics? Hmmm.

Check out some tunes here:

http://www.garageband.com/artist/KenFava

<>

Good question. As you know, anything is fair game for SSS. There ARE dedicated forums for Keyboards, Bass, Guitar, etc. so SSS is ideal for the music industry, OT-type stuff as well as those tech questions that transcend a specific genre. It's a hangout.

I could try to steer it back in a gear direction, but why? It's a fun place and a good mix of topics. I don't want to force it in a direction it doesn't want to go.

Over time, I expect the eBay forum to handle questions from people who can't decide what type of gear to buy. I'm sure there will be links to threads in these forums (e.g., "There was already a discussion on this in Dave Bryce's Keyboard Corner, click here").

We'll see where it all goes...I do believe that my vision for the eBay forum is something that doesn't really exist anywhere else.

And I must say...

YOU GUYS REALLY CAME THROUGH!! Thanks for getting things started over there, it's starting to attract some non-SSS people already.

I really appreciate your assistance, y'all are the best. Period.

Archived