Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

speaking of offensive avitars

Is mine offending anyone? I thought the dog drinking from the bowl was funny, because that is exactly what they do, but someone mentioned that is was bad. Please express your opinion.

bbach

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CW,

I think that the offensive avatar that was being discussed in another thread was about the actual USER NAME Hound Dog and not about your little toilet water lapping pooch. ;) Hound Dog has an avatar that was not mentioned until the eruption of the Bill Cosby thread surrounding racial issues.

When I first read the comments about Hound Dog's avatar, your little pooch was the only dog that was on the thread at the time and I thought the same thing as you did until I actually saw Hound Dog retaliate with his comments about the Cosby thread.

I think 99% of the people on this forum would change their avatars if it offended somebody. That's a good Golden Rule kinda thing.

cwfno, thanks for asking. :thu: Yours falls under the 'slightly crude but funny, and not offensive' variety.

I didn't read much of the Cosby thread, as I'm not at all a racist. My opinion about racism is...

The best way to defeat racism, is to ignore racial slurs and remarks.

If however, racism results in physical violence; one should take measures to remedy the situation in as much of a non-violent way as possible.

Perhaps it is because I do not seek things to stir up issues over races, Hound Dog, but I do not see the offense in your avatar. I have seen many avatars on these forums that are similar in ways where no one has mention them.

This is not to get a racial debate going in this thread; I just don't see where the avatar is anything other than a black man that is acting a bit goofy and jumped on the wagon of body piercing and implants. For all I know, the horns might be affixed with clamps, material behind the ears, or adhesive.

I don't SEEK for a racial debate, so therefore, I don't research ammunition to fire back with.

I do seek a racial debate and have no problem with it. I neither fear people of different races

or dialogue about racial issues. the thread where

this came up was one I started about a famous black man who I felt made a comment that was partially inappropriate so I don't care what color

you are.

I don't think you and hounddog have that much in common, if you go over his post where this started

and since you'll see that he does lots and lots of research, which you say you don't. so he knows

that the uncle george character is not about mimicking the artform of body piercings. he also knows what blackface and minstreling is all about as well as caractures of black folk at the time and their origins.

Actually, I'm feeling kinda miffed right now. This was supposed to be about MY avitar. Why is it alway about you? Don't you realize how that makes me feel? :cry:

bbach

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

http://hektik.org/gallery/albums/facial/face7.jpg

I was trying to find some other good examples of the fad surrounding body art... then I found some pictures that I just had to post for Mats.... :D

http://www.jokeserver.de/lay14/images/img_02.jpg

http://www.jokeserver.de/lay14/images/img_04.jpg I hope no one is offended by this second one. :freak:

Archived