Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

So long and thanks for all the fish!

I've left the forums. I suppose I should give an explanation. I can't force people to change or to be considerate and I'd never dream of trying. People are as varied as the planets and I love that about folks. But manners are very important to me. They're not important to everybody. It's important to attempt to get along in this world with people of many stripes. Certainly I've exhibited poor manners in the past, and probably will in the future. But I try to cop to it eventually. I am no example of perfection. I have to choose my people so as not get too upset. I can't do that very well on the Internet. I wouldn't dream of trying to demand that everyone play by my rules. But I can decide to remove myself when I disagree with how the rules are being played. Manners and considerations of others goes along way towards making the waters flow smoother. When people disagree with this I find I do much better not trying force them, as ironic as that may seem. I've decided that people are the way they are until THEY decide it's time for them (or me) to change. Never before.

I waste all together too much time here anyway. I love a lot of the folks I've come to know. I won't start naming names, just know that you have made being here something I've looked forward to every day. I love you guys. You've made a big difference in my life.

But every now and again someone comes a long. It may not be their fault. I might be mine. But others merely want to get a rise. Hound Dog - I suspect I know which one applies. We had a dialogue for a short while on the Bill Cosby thread. It's all there. What's going on with him is anybody's guess. But I'm done. There are some who may find that avatar a trivial matter, but I don't. There have been many times when someone expressed an upset over someone else's use of an image and that person graciously changed it. Hound Dog sees this as a personal statement and he refuses to compromise one iota. So be it. Life's too short. I've finished debating the issue. But I won't stand there and continue to be insulted either.

I haven't read anything since I left whenever it was, and I won't. But you can PM me. I'll send my email address to anyone within reason before I close my account here.

Have a nice a productive life. I will.

Nawledge - sorry for pooping all over your thread. See you all.

All the best,

Henry Robinett

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've enjoyed your posts and your viewpoints, and hope you will reconsider. Remember -- if you leave the forums, you let the terrorists win! :)

I truly believe that if you want to change the world, the only way to do so is by setting an example. If you leave the forums, that option will be closed to you, at least in terms of reaching tens of thousands of people.

But hey, it's your life. I'll welcome you back when you change your mind! Thanks for the fish, and I very much appreciate the fact that it was sushi...my fave.

Henry,

I couldn't agree more with what Craig just said. I feel the same way about your well balanced and eloquently worded contributions to this forum and I consider it a great loss for all here if you won't participate in discussions anymore.

Please, don't let ignorance or certain viewpoints of others chase you away. In the end, all they do is insult themselves. I know for a fact that your presence here was much appreciated by many, including myself.

I do however fully respect your decision but I can only hope you will reconsider and rejoin.

Untill then, like you said so many times,

All the best,

steelandre.

Yeah, just take a break.

Earlier today I found myself skipping over Hound Dog's responses because of his avatar and his long winded rambling. Totally subconsciously. The thought that came to my mind was, "That's the clown 'robinett tried to educate."

Don't let whoever get to you. Take a minute, maybe just read the posts here for a while, and chime back in when you feel like it.

We'll all be here waitinfg to hear from ya, and it will make me (us) feel better to know you're lurking.

Reminds my of the first BIG IDIOT I ran into when I first came here, I'll never forget him (her?). Called himself "nevasleep". Cussed meout, called me all kinds of mutherf*ckers, said he's was gonna kick my ass, said he was gonna come through the internet and find me. Boy was I scared!!! :o:P

Anyway, he's long gone, (at least that personna is), and I'm still here.

There's something to be said for perseverance. I prefer to be the last man standing. 3000+ posts is not something to just walk away from, and if I may speak for fellow fourmites, your opinion and knowledge is much appreciated.

I'll see ya HERE in the future :thu:

Sly :cool:

Whasineva ehaiz, ehissgot ta be Funky!

Aw, man, I'm gonna miss butting heads with ya! :D

Please reconsider your decision to leave... at least you could keep your responses around here to music related things.

I nearly decided to leave myself when that Jazz Guitar buffoon infected this place. I'm glad I stayed. Good luck to you and with your music, man. It was nice having you over. :)

Henry,

While I respect your decision, I sincerely hope your absense is temporary.

Your thoughtful and intelligent posts on music, fatherhood and any number of other topics have been enlightening and educational. I believe a lot of us here have benefitted from your wisdom.

Best of luck with everything. You will be missed. :(

"You never can vouch for your own consciousness." - Norman Mailer

Well then - go out and play some music, maybe post some gig info, record a new CD, post the link, etc. then come one back into the saloon here when ya gets thirsty again !

Have fun out there - watch out for those adams-apples, hehe loosly speaking ! :wave:

Sorry to see you go, Henry. You said:
I have to choose my people so as not get too upset. I can't do that very well on the Internet
Of course you can. I chose those I talk to on this forum everyday. And while I spend way to much time here, I don't spend it trying to raise other peoples children.

I feel your pain, Henry. Like others on this thread, I hope you reconsider, although it sounds like you feel there is time that would be better spent in other pursuits. If that is the case, more power to you. Don't tarry here if it will come up as wasted time in your opinion. (And no, I don't think you think all, or even most, of your time spent here is wasted. But if you have bigger or more personal fish to fry, well then..)

I've enjoyed having you around, so perhaps I can help you put the antagonists in perspective.

• They aren't going away. There will always be someone antagonistic around here.
  • They will say things that make you feel you must respond. You don't. And believe me, I know how difficult it is to let some comments go.. but hey, it's the internet! You won't meet most of us and those you do meet will inevitably be people with more courtesy and understanding, so realize the virtual world is just that. Virtual. If you don't make a difference to the antagonists, then you probably wouldn't in real life either.
  • You won't change everybody. You may not change anybody. That isn't a call to give up. Just a point. There's a time to persuade and a time to sit back and enjoy the party.. and ignore the morons. You can from home. Really, you can. ;)

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

I don't know you well Henry, but I hate to lose your intelligent insight. It can be hard to deal with people with such totally different and sometimes very off the wall viewpoints. However, good manners and friendly discussion is the only way a forum can work and if someone doesn't abide by that, well, it makes it harder on the rest of us. Anyway, come on back when you are ready. I'd like to get to know you better!

Bob

bbach

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Henry,

I'm truely sorry to see you go. Your knowledge, insights, interest and concern have been a true asset to these forums. You will certainly be missed. Like others have said, I hope you one day decide to reconsider, and that you will return here. I do understand the need to get away from here sometimes, hopefully it will be as temporary for you as it has been for myself and others.

Whatever you decide, goddspeed, and good luck to you.

May all your thoughts be random!

- Neil

www.McFaddenArts.com

www.MikesGarageRocks.com

When I first came here I hated Arrellll Spencer.

And Guess what,... I still hate him now,... but the weird one makes cool music which I listen to a lot.

Even when I think of him he gives me the creeps,... his posts are all bullshit and when I came on here he offended my intelligence.

S hole Spencer I like to call him.

Hey Spenceman,... I love ya(you know that,just Bs-ing ya) ;)

HR,.......... I know you'll be back,.. thankzz for being here man I enjoyed reading your remarks.

Take a holiday and we'll see ya when we see ya ;) meanwhile ,.. love from Boosh - Amsterdam

Fan, nu pissar jag taggtråd igen. Jag skulle inte satt på räpan.

http://www.bushcollectors.com

Henry, I've greatly enjoyed reading your posts too, though we' ve never communicated personally. I haven't followed the exchange between yourself and Hound Dog, so I've nothing to say about it. In general, I'd join with others in saying don't let anyone scare you away from a place where you've made valuable contributions. Of course, it's up to you to decide what the best use of your time is.

Thanks again, and I'll miss your posts. :)

Stephen Fortner

Principal, Fortner Media

Former Editor in Chief, Keyboard Magazine

Digital Piano Consultant, Piano Buyer Magazine

Industry affiliations: Antares, Arturia, Giles Communications, MS Media, Polyverse

Henry,

The above sentiments are mine, too. I wish we could all learn some manners. I remember when Groovepusher Sly and nevasleep (who got on with threats of bodily harm) were having their exchange of pleasantries and thought at the time that my personal identity is very available to the studious. The internet is a reminder that in the beautiful flow of ideas that the sewer is never far below the surface.

You are a gentleman and I would love to break bread with you and so many others here. If we could just corral the trolls and let them entertain each other, the landscape would be more appealing, though maybe a little less interesting.

"In this corner, wearing a black leather miniskirt and a chip on his shoulder, denied the title of the world's greatest shredder by Hollywood agents of evil... Br..........................la!

Are you rrready to rrrrrrumble?"

All my best to you, brother.

Another Henry

He not busy being born

Is busy dyin'.

...Bob Dylan

Henry, I too want to say that I hope you will reconsider. Until I read that thread, I had no idea of your ethnic background, and frankly, I don't care. There's good people, and there's bad people. And the good people can't allow the bad people to force them to give up, or they win. And IMO, we can't have that. :mad: But I do have to say I was touched deeply by the comments in your last post on that thread. Thank you for posting some of your experiences.

Anyway, I hope you'll reconsider, and that your departure will only be for a short season. You will ALWAYS be welcome over on the PS forum.

Best wishes to you sir!

Your fellow human,

Phil

Well,I stayed out of that thread because I pretty much saw where it was going.That being the case,who the hell is Hound Dog? As far as letting things get to me around here,I don't.I'm the kind of person who had to fight those kind of battles just to get in the door in just about everything in life,so once in,everything is gravy,but,everyone here is coming from a different perspective and different sensitivity levels so I can understand and respect that.Anyway,it is a little sad to see a newcomer best a long time respected forum member like Henry,but things like that happen in life everyday and unless your prepared to deal with that in some way,unforunately the good guy winds up with less in the end.Like i said earlier,I have to battle my way in,so I guess I have a tougher skin,but I'll be dammed if a troll is going to spoil my party.Cheers Henry,and try and grow some skin.
"A Robot Playing Trumpet Blows"

Henry,

Don't go!!! No sense in letting the senseless remarks of others conquer. You are a well respected member of this forum, with outstanding music - I might add. You have always been cordial with everyone from every post I've ever read; you do not deserve to be alienated.

Although I do not dig into other cultures to see what can be insulting to a race; I would not hesitate to remove an avatar (even that I had put up without any intention) if ANYONE found it in the least bit offensive.

I've had a few episodes to where I have almost just completely quit without warning; but I've toughed it out. I just don't post nearly as much as I used to and I avoid those that like to stir the kettle.

what a big fokking DRAMA QUEEN he is..

I've had it now~ untill all the DRAMA stops I'm leaving this forum damn you all. especially that greg anderson hombre'. damn you greg anderson for not stopping all this DRAMA that has totally upset my balance and harmonic convergence.

How is a boy to get ANY work done in a DRAMA filled enviroment such as theese? how, I say?

Infact untill the drama stops I'll not even click on my compy. I'll kep it off untill goode folkes EVERYWHERE rally behind my cause and choke the life from the DRAMA MONSTER which has inhabited greg andersons little website page..

So I'm really leaving but it's not because tinman or you scarecrow, no it's because of well. the DRAMA MONSTER.. I really will miss you all especially you LION with your tail just a waggin' and don't forget to keep your oilcan close tinman..

Well So long everyone expecially you lee Flier. without all your love and support over the years why,I just don't know what I would have done without your warm advice and personal one on one back and forth.. you know, give and take.. . I've wanted to say this a loooong time so

Frank Ranklin and the Ranktones

WARP SPEED ONLY STREAM

FRANKIE RANKLIN (Stanky Franks) <<<

wait my machine messed up I was'nt finished telling you why I must leave these forums and then thanking everyone I expecially love and appreciate like a certain girl, you know who hee,hee!.

Okay where was I? Oh hail.. lets just let me start back at the beginning splainin' more fully why I must insist that I be allowed to leave this parlor without a lot of you giving me any advice because my minde is set and I never flex anything without a goode reason and I must stand up for my beliefs and beliefs sounds like leeflire don't it? no really.. if you say it really fash and kinna shlurrr yore words oh golly gee I tawlk country sometimes.. la,la,la.. ahhhhhhhh YOP! ahahahaha jane! stop this crazy thang~

turn

WARP SPEED ONLY STREAM

the arell despencer. :D , see you tomorrow you ...

you... musician... you.

i think its interesting how folks view this as an

issue of different cultures, it was born and bread

in america, and isn't even a mystery, just an issue about a time when such caracatures where americans ridiculed other americans was prevalent.

Henry,

It's been great. Please come back after you've had a breather. Your insight and thought-provoking posts are one of the reasons I stay.

(and I still got you beat by a year, you young activist, you!)

Take good care,

Tim from Jersey, class of '75 :>)

Play. Just play.

Originally posted by arellspencer:

what a big fokking DRAMA QUEEN he is..

I've had it now~ untill all the DRAMA stops I'm leaving this forum damn you all. especially that greg anderson hombre'. damn you greg anderson for not stopping all this DRAMA that has totally upset my balance and harmonic convergence.

How is a boy to get ANY work done in a DRAMA filled enviroment such as theese? how, I say?

Infact untill the drama stops I'll not even click on my compy. I'll kep it off untill goode folkes EVERYWHERE rally behind my cause and choke the life from the DRAMA MONSTER which has inhabited greg andersons little website page..

So I'm really leaving but it's not becauseof you tinman or you scarecrow; not even toto too!,

no, it's because of: well, the DRAMA MONSTER..

I really will miss you all especially you LION with your tail just a waggin', hey and don't forget to keep your oilcan close tinman..

Well So long everyone expecially you lee Flier. :love: without all your love and support over the years why,I just don't know what I would have done without your warm advice and personal one on one, back and forth, you know, that olde give and take yeah baby!

I have wanted to tell you something a loooong time and so here it

WARP SPEED ONLY STREAM

Archived