Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

55-pound capacity ballhead (quick review)

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool looking ball head! Very industrial.

Interesting that the RRS ballhead has a capacity of 50 pounds but has a model name of "BH-55". Sounds like a case of wishful thinking! I won't buy their stuff anyway.... They nickle-and-dimed me once when I cancelled an order I had made for something that turned out to be out-of-stock. I understand the concept of a "re-stocking fee" but since it was already out of stock, there was nothing to "re-stock". Totally inflexible on their end. So I went back and did what I should have done from the beginning: I ordered the comparable item from Kirk and it was at my doorstep by the end of the week.

I recognize that Checker stretch-limo, and Tim's bus. I know the place, even though I've never been there. I thought it was gone? I think everyone else I know has been there.

BTW I saw your interview with Lance K. last night. Not live though; I tried to watch live but not being an IG member it wouldn't let me watch. Thanks for emailing the link so the rest of us could see!

Lance asked some good questions!

He is super great to talk to, that's for sure. I'm glad that you were able to watch it!

Cool looking ball head! Very industrial.

Interesting that the RRS ballhead has a capacity of 50 pounds but has a model name of "BH-55". Sounds like a case of wishful thinking! I won't buy their stuff anyway.... They nickle-and-dimed me once when I cancelled an order I had made for something that turned out to be out-of-stock. I understand the concept of a "re-stocking fee" but since it was already out of stock, there was nothing to "re-stock". Totally inflexible on their end. So I went back and did what I should have done from the beginning: I ordered the comparable item from Kirk and it was at my doorstep by the end of the week.

I recognize that Checker stretch-limo, and Tim's bus. I know the place, even though I've never been there. I thought it was gone? I think everyone else I know has been there.

I looked that the BH-55's load capacity twice when I was writing it because it didn't seem right. But sure enough, it's 50 pounds.

Sorry they nickeled/dimed you. I have had no interaction with them aside from purchasing the ballhead, which is good...that means the ballhead has no issues. I really liked the Robus as well, especially the knurled knob. That is so nice.

Both the Checker stretch limo and Tim's bus were there when I last visited about two months ago. How much longer, I'm not sure. Most of the vehicles have disappeared. It's weird in a way that my friends and I are sad about the disappearing cars. They're "junk", after all. Yet....we are sad at their disappearance. For us, it's great memories and amazing photographic subjects. Oh well. Gotta find some other locations eventually.