Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Behringer Pro 800

On 5/15/2023 at 7:27 PM, NewImprov said:

I'm actually thinking about getting the Pro 800 to layer with the T5, and map it's controls to the T5 panel, it'd be like having my own Mini Prophet 10 (Prophet 13?).

That's an excellent idea and probably closer to a real world approach for a majority. I find most of Behringer's synths to be rather Meh, but the P-800 feels a bit like my unassuming little Juno-1 did, in that it was a superior pot full of Synth Helper. Sequential has so far bypassed the idea of releasing a new 600, so matching a semi-clone of it with the T5 has a best-of-both aroma. I can tolerate the idea better by mentally squinting and just thinking of the P-800 as an oversized Volca, heh.    

• Like 1

"Why can't they just make up something of their own?"
           ~ The great Richard Matheson, on the movie remakes of his book, "I Am Legend"

Ok, so I have read the Quick Start Guide and I did some more research, so now I should be able to answer to my own original questions.

- Is the LFO on the Pro 800 global, per voice or selectable?

This is still uncertain.

- Can you stack two instances of your patch and detune them? 4-voice polyphony could be an acceptable sacrifice in some circumstances, in exchange for a bigger sound.

It looks like you *can't* do this. You can put the instrument in monophonic Unison, and there's even a "Chord" mode - but no way to play two layered instances of the same sound in 4-voice polyphony. Shame!

- I guess there's one filter per voice, I'd like a confirmation.

I have heard some note articulation on demos that seem to confirm it.

- Are all parameters accessible from the panel, or have you to use a computer or controller to reach the less common functions?

No need for a computer, it seems. However, quite a few double-push moves to access some parameters. And to reach an initialized patch, you have to turn the instrument off and back on while pressing a button... not the end of the world, but a bit quirky. 

Of course, it's $399........