Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: Doesn't get much more pathetic than this...

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw the video on the news this morning. It's disgusting that there are people in this world that do that kind of shit. I hope the law gets them soon - and sets them on fire!

Michael Oster

F7 Sound and Vision

ReGurgiTron - I approved this message.

The homeless people in Seattle are frequently abused and raped. Haven't heard much lately about it in the news so I hope the police have it under control. Its too bad they couldn't get the plate numbers. Kcbass

"Let It Be!"

Originally posted by Kcbass:

The homeless people in Seattle are frequently abused and raped. Haven't heard much lately about it in the news so I hope the police have it under control. Its too bad they couldn't get the plate numbers. Kcbass

The horrible thing is that it will continue to happen until we figure out a respectful and realistic way of getting people off of the streets and put a roof over their head like they deserve.

Doc

During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act. -George Orwell

I saw this thread the other night and was going to comment on it but I got called away. Yes, it's pathetic and disgusting.

Actually, if anyone wants my comments for the "what offends you" thread, the actions of those eight people would be a classic example. :mad:

I hope the victim is going to be okay. :(

I have an almost impossible time excusing this kind of crap and thats just because anything is suppose to be possible, it doesn't matter if its a joke or not evil has got to be present, along with ignorance and whatever else. 8 people, heartless mindless fiends, I hope they all get equal punishment from the one that thought of it to the one that laughed last.

Dispicable. Truly horrifying that people who would do such a thing roam free on our streets. :mad:

But lets not fool ourselves. Anyone who has dealt with helping the homeless knows that many of them do not want a place to stay, Doctor No. You can't blame it on dangerous shelters entirely, either. My father-in-law saved a men's lodge run by a well known organization here in Nashville. After his arrival it was a safe, secure place to stay. But for every guy who wanted a spot and had to be turned away there were at least as many who refused assistance, even in the coldest nights of winter. Nashville isn't Chicago or Minneapolis, etc, but it does get dangerously cold here, for anyone on the street, and we have no subway, etc, so there's no easily accessible shelters of that sort.

We do need more assistance for those in dire need, Doctor No, but that won't solve this problem. There will be homeless who choose the streets and, sadly, there will probably always be jacka$$esss like the ones who lit this poor man up. :(

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

I hope they catch these degenerates, lock them up and throw away the key.

It's fucking sickening.

"That's what the internet is for. Slandering others anonymously." - Banky Edwards.

Fantasticsound is right. As bizarre as it sounds, there are those who choose to live this way.

Regarding the incident. I think it's awful. It's amazing how cruel people can be. You have to wonder what they are thinking right now. Do they have even a bit of remorse???

I hope they catch them....actually, I hope they have the decency to turn themselves in. I want to see what this caliber of asshole looks like.

Super 8

Hear my stuff here

Before you start blaming the homeless for their plight, remember that not everyone is mentally sound. (Actually I would say that most in this society aren't, but that's another discussion)

A lot of homeless people are mentally ill and need help, and are not able to make decisions for themselves. You can thank the Reagan Administration for setting a policy of denying help for these people and turning them out onto the streets.

Originally posted by Sal Baloney:

Before you start blaming the homeless for their plight, remember that not everyone is mentally sound. (Actually I would say that most in this society aren't, but that's another discussion)

A lot of homeless people are mentally ill and need help, and are not able to make decisions for themselves.

You are right Sal.

The only time that these people will get a mental evaluation is when the Police pick them up for causing larger problems,which does not happen often.

Sadly, more often than not, Police officers will peg a homeless person a drug abuser or drunk and then that person misses a much needed eval.

While I am sure that there are people that want to be on the streets for what ever reason, I can't for one instance believe that they are the majority.

Doc

During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act. -George Orwell

Just because somebody turns down place to live, does not mean they are mentaly ill. There many be many strings and hoops attached to that offer that the person knows about, that you may not. For example, You could give me a house and say here it's all yours, but from that point on, I'd be responsible for taxes, maintenance, utilities, that would eat up all my money. I'd have to contend with the neighbors and neighborhood, and may not even want to live in that town or region, because my family is in another town. Many people choose to remain mobile, because they like change of scenery, and enjoy traveling, and don't want to be tied down to a house. They enjoy their freedom. Many times, people get settled into a community only to find the commmunity, turns on them like a snake in the grass, after awhile, so they prefer not get too involved with relationships, and hit the road in search of greener pastures.

Living' in the shadow,

of someone else's dream....

Originally posted by djwayne:

Just because somebody turns down place to live, does not mean they are mentaly ill. There many be many strings and hoops attached to that offer that the person knows about, that you may not. For example, You could give me a house and say here it's all yours, but from that point on, I'd be responsible for taxes, maintenance, utilities, that would eat up all my money. I'd have to contend with the neighbors and neighborhood, and may not even want to live in that town or region, because my family is in another town. Many people choose to remain mobile, because they like change of scenery, and enjoy traveling, and don't want to be tied down to a house. They enjoy their freedom. Many times, people get settled into a community only to find the commmunity, turns on them like a snake in the grass, after awhile, so they prefer not get too involved with relationships, and hit the road in search of greener pastures.

:confused::confused: and then end up being set on fire, yeah, it's a vicious cycle :confused::confused:

What we record in life, echoes in eternity.

MOXF8, Electro 6D, XK1c, Motif XSr, PEKPER, Voyager, Univox MiniKorg.

https://www.abandoned-film.com

so they prefer not get too involved with relationships, and hit the road in search of greener pastures.

Sounds like musicians on tour. Is abusing the homeless a form of terrorism? Or is it terrorism(in America) only when tax paying citizens feel threatened?

steve

You shouldn't chase after the past or pin your hopes on the future.

I didn't check out the link because the headline was enough to disgust me. Ridiculous. There cannot be an excuse allowed for this. Nothing justifies it. I'm with you Phil, this goes into the what offends you thread :mad:

bbach

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

I truly detest when so called humans do this.

All your comments got me thinking, just a bit and, what if the guy they set on fire had commited a horrible crime and these guys took it in their own hands, sort of like some of you guys said? I may be just writing this crap, but just think about it a little bit, no need to reply. I am not condoning this behavior by the comment just made.

You all have read local news and just said aloud "man, that guy should be...... and.... alive or something". Well maybe, just maybe, these 8 guys actually did it. Of course, I could be mistaken.

So when does it end?

Even if the homeless guy did commit some awful crime, it is not their place to pass judgement and administer punishment for said crime. Ganging up and setting a person on fire is cruel and unusual punishement by anyone's standards, and cannot be tolerated by any civil society.

It's attempted murder, plain and simple.

Living' in the shadow,

It's also worth mentioning, that housing costs & expenses have gotten so high in relationship to incomes, that many "normal" people can not meet their expenses, and have no choice in the matter. A job loss or large medical bill can bankrupt anyone. Lucky you if you bought a house 30 years ago, but if you have to buy into the housing market today, you can be socked with a big fat mortgage, that you may not be able to meet, due to a ill-timed job loss, divorce, medical problems ect....wages aren't what they used to be for some people, and they have no choice but to abandon their homes. I've read that there are thousands of boarded up homes just in the Cleveland area, and I suspect there are many more across the country.

Times are tough for many people.

Living' in the shadow,

Originally posted by cwfno:

I didn't check out the link because the headline was enough to disgust me. Ridiculous. There cannot be an excuse allowed for this. Nothing justifies it. I'm with you Phil, this goes into the what offends you thread :mad:

I'm with cwfno...the headline was enough.
"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

Archived