Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

I bought a Cimbalom...

HERE to see what the heck it looks like.

I go to pick it up tomorrow. I did not look at the brand, but it was made in 1890. It has legs and everything...The sound board is solid and aside from the strings needed replacement in spots and 2 of the tabs being split, it is playable.

$100!!!!

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by deanmass:

HERE to see what the heck it looks like.

I go to pick it up tomorrow. I did not look at the brand, but it was made in 1890. It has legs and everything...The sound board is solid and aside from the strings needed replacement in spots and 2 of the tabs being split, it is playable.

$100!!!!

Holy mackeral Dean!! record a song for us.

bbach

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Dean, that was a score! Even if you have to restring it and clean the bugs from the inside, it's a steal - I've seen cimbaloms (cimbala?) on eBay, none in that price range. More like $500-$2K.

When you've got it cleaned up, post something - maybe the Third Man Theme... :cool:

Dasher

It's all about the music. Really. I just keep telling myself that...

The Soundsmith

Cool!

I am just geeked about it. The last 2 weeks have been hell at work and home, and yesterday during lunch, I went to pick up string sat Mike Carey music (Lincoln Park, MI) and it was sitting there. I just thought it was an old , giant Dulcimer, because that is what it looks like. It was a total luck/fate thing.

When I get it home, I am going to snap some pics of it and link them here. I was thinking of doing a before and after thing.

Archived