Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

The Carpenters were really great...

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My fav Carpenter's song is "I'll be home for Christmas".

When i drive my vintage car while listening to The Carpenters, it's like entering the... time machine! and the music matches perfectly the car.

http://www.lovefords.org/features/images/continental.jpg

Sucking the brain's vacuum

Waiting for the Nuclear Fusion. More energy, less damage.

I like quite a few Carpenters tunes. "Close to You" is, of course, a classic piece of writing and vocal performance. But the lesser-large hit "Hurting Each Other" was awesome. That's probably my favorite tune of theirs. Then again, I can listen to Zappa, Kool & The Gang and the Carpenters in one sitting. YMMV.

- Jeff

Originally posted by 1:

When i drive my vintage car while listening to The Carpenters, it's like entering the... time machine! and the music matches perfectly the car.

I want to know what you listen to in your Lear, 1. :wave:

Botch

"Eccentric language often is symptomatic of peculiar thinking" - George Will

www.puddlestone.net

Originally posted by Jeff Da Weasel:

I like quite a few Carpenters tunes. "Close to You" is, of course, a classic piece of writing and vocal performance. But the lesser-large hit "Hurting Each Other" was awesome. That's probably my favorite tune of theirs. Then again, I can listen to Zappa, Kool & The Gang and the Carpenters in one sitting. YMMV.

- Jeff

Doh! That's THE one I missed that I knew I'd missed! I love Hurting Each Other!

Well.. not hurting each other!! The song! I love the song! :freak:

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Originally posted by Botch.:

Originally posted by 1:

I want to know what you listen to in your Lear, 1. :wave:
:D

Sucking the brain's vacuum

Waiting for the Nuclear Fusion. More energy, less damage.

I have a CD called "If I Were A Carpenter". It's made up of various bands and artists doing Carpenters tunes, and it's clear that the covers are all respectful tributes. Imagine the Cranberries doing Close To You. A band called Shonen Knife does Top Of the World. Sheryl Crow does Solitaire. We've only Just Begun was covered by Grant Lee Buffalo. Rainy Day and Mondays is by someone called Cracker, and it's a standout.

I love the whole thing. There are notes about who produced and engineered each track. Mastered by John Golden in Newbury Park, CA. He somehow brought it all together.

Rubber Lizard Studio

I kinda like some of their stuff. I was a doing a bit of DJing for weddings and stuff, and bought the Singles CD, because of a request. I have to say it's one of the better SOUNDING CD's I have heard.

I use to love that guitar solo on "Goodbye To Love". Nothing like a rude, fuzzed guitar on a sad tune, eh? I ranked that sound right up there with the Rapper and Spirit in the Sky :D

Tele

Archived