Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Recorded and videotaped a 4th of July show today

A large municipality hired us to play their huge annual 4th of July show. Due to the COVID thing they had to cancel. So.. they asked if we"d record our 1 hour show to be streamed as part for their 'extravaganza'

Of course. It was a blast. 5 cameras ð

It"s in post production now.

I"ll have the details on where to log in to watch for anyone interested seeing this old dude do his thing.

Cool thing is my many relatives who live all over the country will finally get to see us.

Here"s a little picture of getting setup to jam.

Oh. And it was GREAT to jam with my bro"s after 6 months from our last show. ð¤ð¼

That"s an led wall running our video show that goes along with our concerts.

BOdAAP.jpg

David

Gig Rig:Depends on the day :thu:

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks all.

I was using my MODX6 and my brand new Roland A-88 MK2 controller. The new Roland is wonderful! I gigged with the FA-08 for a few years, and loved the keys. I like A-88 MK2 keys even better.

Solid, smooth and fast. I'll do a separate review. One thing I will say, using the MODX in Host mode, it powered the A-88MK2 just fine. A-88 USB b to MODX USB A

David

I can't wait to see/hear! I watch all of your posts (not a stalker). Whenever we do Journey I cover the keys AND the lead vocal. Been looking forward to hearing you and your band!

- Steve

M-Audio Hammer 88, Yamaha MODX6, Yamaha ReFace CP, Korg D1

MacBook Air 13" M1 (2021) Logic Pro X 10.5, Mainstage, Roland Cloud (Ultimate), U-He DIVA, Arturia V-8

JammSammich, Peoria, Illinois

Thanks all.

I was using my MODX6 and my brand new Roland A-88 MK2 controller. The new Roland is wonderful! I gigged with the FA-08 for a few years, and loved the keys. I like A-88 MK2 keys even better.

Solid, smooth and fast. I'll do a separate review. One thing I will say, using the MODX in Host mode, it powered the A-88MK2 just fine. A-88 USB b to MODX USB A

I just got an A-88mkii, as well. I'm liking it a lot so far. Looking forward to your assessment of it.

Thanks all.

I just got an A-88mkii, as well. I'm liking it a lot so far. Looking forward to your assessment of it.

I am going to create an "initial thoughts" post about it later today, and then follow up after I've used it for awhile on my gigs.

David

Do you have a video? What genres were you doing? How are you enjoying the MODX?
Yamaha MX49, Casio SK1/WK-7600, Korg Minilogue, Alesis SR-16, Casio CT-X3000, FL Studio, many VSTs, percussion, woodwinds, strings, and sound effects.

I'm going to have a stab at these on David's behalf:

1. Yes, filmed with five glorious cameras and available on the 4th of July for viewing at your streaming pleasure - details to come.

2. Journey covers. Don't put your house on it but I'd be looking for a rousing rendition of "Only the Young" for the encore.

3. https://forums.musicplayer.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/3026180/re-yamaha-modx#Post3026180

Regards,

CowboyNQ

Executive Assistant to EscapeRocks

PS. Just having a bit of fun with you, Music Bird! I'm sure David will give you a far more up-to-date response to 3 in due course. After I get his dry cleaning.

I'm going to have a stab at these on David's behalf:

1. Yes, filmed with five glorious cameras and available on the 4th of July for viewing at your streaming pleasure - details to come.

2. Journey covers. Don't put your house on it but I'd be looking for a rousing rendition of "Only the Young" for the encore.

3. https://forums.musicplayer.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/3026180/re-yamaha-modx#Post3026180

Regards,

CowboyNQ

Executive Assistant to EscapeRocks

PS. Just having a bit of fun with you, Music Bird! I'm sure David will give you a far more up-to-date response to 3 in due course. After I get his dry cleaning.

LOL Thanks CowboyNQ :thu:

Couple clarifications

1. It will actually be streamed on the evening of July 3rd

2. Unfortunately no "Only The Young" this show. It's only a 1 hour show so it was basically a Greatest Hits show of what Journey themselves call "The Dirty Dozen"

3. My thoughts on the MODX are still the same, it's great. Of course my overall rig has changed 85 times since that post. ;)

4. We had a full show later that evening after the recording session. Long day but so good to be back on stage

The evening setlist was :

Separate Ways

Never Walk Away

Where Were You

Just The Same Way

Line of Fire

Ask The Lonely

(Guitar Solo)

Stone In Love

Girl Can"t Help It

Feeling That Way

Anytime

I"ll Be Alright

Still They Ride

(Keys Solo)

Who's Cryin Now

Be Good To Yourself

Anyway You Want It

Intro/Escape

Lights

Stay Awhile

Open Arms

Foolin" Yourself intro -

Lovin' Touchin' Squeezin

(Drum Solo segue intoâ¦)

Chain Reaction

After The Fall

Send Her My Love

Faithfully

Don't Stop Believing

Oh Sherrie

Wheel Intro

Wheel In The Sky

Encore:

Only The Young

David

Thanks all.

I am going to create an "initial thoughts" post about it later today, and then follow up after I've used it for awhile on my gigs.

Why not post, if you have the time of course, your review in the new MPN Gearlab section? https://forums.musicplayer.com/ubbthreads.php/forums/58/1/new-mpn-gearlab

There is no luck - luck is simply the confluence of circumstance and co-incidence...

Time is the final arbiter for all things

what Journey themselves call "The Dirty Dozen"

I thought those were the guys that were in the band at one point in their history and will never be allowed back, now including Ross Valory and Steve Smith. ;)

(just kidding, I've heard you use that term before. I just found out about the latest drama the other day and decided to make a joke about it.)

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI