Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Korg/Technics Keybed Issue

Dear all,

I own a Technics SX-P50, manufactured by Panasonic. As the Korg RH3 keybed is based on the old Technics action, my P50 has the common issue found on early Kronos models, whereby notes cut off abruptly when playing lightly and they sort of double trigger. I know Korg has since resolved these issues and the RH3 keybed is a fantastic one, with excellent reviews etc.

I recall that, in the early days of the Kronos keybed issues, Korg issued blue contact strips which could be fitted to replace the original pink contact strips, thereby solving the keybed fault.

I am therefore assuming that I could perform the same fix on my Technics SX-P50 if I could obtain the blue contact strips. Has anyone had any experience with this issue, either on a Korg or Technics model and do you have any advice? I suppose, given the age of the Technics, a better course of action might just be to buy a Korg D1! However, I like keeping older boards going if possible.

Many thanks, Nick

Kurzweil PC3x

Technics SX-P50

Korg X3

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I should add that the older Technics P30 doesn"t have this issue, so another possible option could be to try and swap in contacts from an older P30. Would be amazing if there was someone with knowledge of Technics stage pianos who might chime in. Cheers

Kurzweil PC3x

Technics SX-P50

Korg X3

That"s concerning to hear that new contacts didn"t solve the problem. I also have no idea if they would even fit the P50, I am just assuming they will, which is risky!

Would love to get the issue fixed as I love the piano otherwise. Think it holds up really well in terms of the soundest and design.

Kurzweil PC3x

Technics SX-P50

Korg X3