Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

A 48Khz digital music player for the Commodore 64

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And for those having an older TRS-80, you could transfer the digital audio to an analog audio cassette recording, put that tape in the cassette tape recorder that was used with the older TRS-80 models for data storage......and plug your headphones into that cassette tape machine.

I am old enough that I saw some of my friends use those old TRS-80 machines with storage on cassette tapes while I was in college.

I am old enough that I saw some of my friends use those old TRS-80 machines with storage on cassette tapes while I was in college.

And I'm old enough that I used the laptop version to write articles for Electronic Musician while flying off to crazy places.

But here's the funny part.

I was flying back from Japan after the MacBook had come out, and still had my Radio Shack laptop. At the airport, people were blown away. "What?!?!? It runs for 10 hours on replaceable batteries? All the programs are resident? You don't need an external hard drive?!?!?"

People thought I was using a beta of a highly advanced, next-gen laptop :)