Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Syntronik, mine went to SampleTank 4 but there is a free version of SampleTank that should host this.

Supposed to be an Oberheim synth.

I like free stuff so I downloaded and installed but have not had time to play with it. 3 gigs plus, extensive.

From the email I received from IK:

"As a special thank you from our IK family to yours, we're giving all IK Multimedia newsletter subscribers our Syntronik OXa instrument for free from June 3rd through the 17th. Users can join our IK newsletter and confirm their entry to receive this synth completely free, so tell a friend!"

You can find it on their website.

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Syntronik quite a bit. It's not exact emulations of everything a synth does, there are a lot of common elements among the synths, but you can usually find the "analog" sounds you want.

Good to know, thanks Craig!

Since I've never played an Oberheim and don't try to figure out what is what on records, all that matters to me is - does it sound good? And - is it fun to mess with?

I lack the talent on boards to use them for anything requiring ability beyond beginner level on keyboards but it might be fun with the Triple Play too. I'll find out eventually...

Meanwhile - free!!!

Since I've never played an Oberheim and don't try to figure out what is what on records, all that matters to me is - does it sound good? And - is it fun to mess with?

As you know from my "rookie mistakes" thread, the part is vastly more important than the sound. Really, there are more similarities than differences among synthesizers...but don't tell any manufacturers I said that :)

It's true.

This is one reason I like SampleTank, so many sounds that are actually different. You can just choose one and use it. Or mangle it beyond all recognition, which gets boring after a while.

I did a crazy cool synth part by playing it on electric guitar with an Ebow, doubling that and pitch shifting one down an octave. Did not sound like a guitar at all.

Recently, Dr Walker asked for submissions for a new compilation of weirdo-butt insanity - a genre I will defend to the ends of the Earth.

I submitted this one - somebody guessed it was a Minimoog and an ARP Odessey. Nope...

https://metapop.com/opossum-apocalypse/tracks/that-itch/130532