Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

I Wish I Was A Negro

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Topic: I Wish I Was A Negro
not t' argue olde mon' but the Propre enunciation and spillin' would be Ah wid Ah wud uh nigra please to remembah; if one must be offensive, be correct in your doings otherwise. everyone hates a "dumb" racist.. .

Frank Ranklin and the Ranktones

WARP SPEED ONLY STREAM

FRANKIE RANKLIN (Stanky Franks) <<<

Originally posted by skipclone 1:

big K

If you don`t mind my picking up on part of what you said-Canada`s government is giving those native communities an allowance-as a token for having forcibly occupied their lands, disrupted their way of life and subjecting them to foreign laws they had little or no say in. I`m not an expert on the historical data but to say they`re not doing enough to earn their allowance seems a little strange.

Its a good point, But what I am saing , how long do we have to pay for this. I was born in canada. As a person I think that gives me as much rights as teh "natives".

you are right that these laws where forced apon them, how ever, that was the nature of the world at the time. Does anyone know how other nations dealt with similiar issues?

Are there native resurves in alaska?

Kevin Nemrava

whoa whoa whoaaaaa..... wewus is not a racist lets

be careful with throwing around some of these words, the first rule of combat is to

'know your friend from your foe'

try calling'em something else it'll be more accurate. :P

Originally posted by Tedster:

Originally posted by henryrobinett:

... as if we're an escaped bunch of feral banshees from some federal institution.

You're crackin' me up, Henry! :D Can I use "Feral Banshees" for a band name? :D

No, the Irish would find that offensive. ;)

FWIW, I'm down with what Geoff quoted:

"The world would be a much better place if people only treated each other like human beings."

- Spoken by Cary Grant's character, (angel) Dudley, in The Bishop's Wife.

:thu::thu:

QUOTE]Its a good point, But what I am saing , how long do we have to pay for this. I was born in canada. As a person I think that gives me as much rights as teh "natives".

[/QB]

The general consensus of people who don't live near natives is that they scratch out a meager existence, after being fucked-over by the white devil and his fire-water. The indians near where I live don't pay any income taxes, get a new house every 12 years, and get free dough every month. I even know a guy who has a hum-vee, and a job as a "truck driver"

I think that 400 years is enough time to get your shit together. We're all in the same boat up here.

What we record in life, echoes in eternity.

MOXF8, Electro 6D, XK1c, Motif XSr, PEKPER, Voyager, Univox MiniKorg.

https://www.abandoned-film.com

Maybe you have to keep paying for as long as those lives were taken are still taken. For as long as those lands that were taken remain taken. For as long as those bodies and families remain dismembered. For as long as it takes to forget what was atrocious and abominable and unforgiveable and inhumane.

All the best,

Henry Robinett

Maybe you have to keep paying for as long as those lives were taken are still taken. For as long as those lands that were taken remain taken. For as long as those bodies and families remain dismembered. For as long as it takes to forget what was atrocious and abominable and unforgiveable and inhumane.

The Irish got over it, why should the native Americans be any different, or African Americans for that matter?

BlueStrat

a.k.a. "El Guapo" ;)

...Better fuzz through science...

http://geocities.com/teleman28056/index.html

it's not the past i'm trying to get over it's the present. The irish suffered here in america, so did the polish , and others, then one day they all became white. that is not going to happen for me, therefore....

Originally posted by bluestrat:

The Irish got over it, why should the native Americans be any different, or African Americans for that matter?
Last time I looked at a map, Ireland had kicked out most of the English, and the other ones were still pissed. Or did you mean Irish Americans? Because they were never slaves in America, or subjected to genocide like the native Americans.

The genocide committed against the native Americans was probably the worst act of genocide in modern history. It was certainly effective; their cultures have been lost and their numbers decimated. There's no getting over that; it will always be a black stain on our history.

----------------------------

Phil Mann

http://www.wideblacksky.com

I used to know some Negoes but they all moved away in 1985.

I don't think I've heard the word Negro used seriously, in public in the last 20 years. Have you? Definitely an antiquated word, almost as antiquated as Colored People. What's up with The NAACP, shouldn't they update their name?

I wonder what affect the names we've created have had on race relationships? Black People-White People is such a stern dichotomy, that seems to invite acrimony, and in fact the two races would be better described as Brown, and Beige. I am a Beige colored man, please don't call me Pink. :D

Black and White are... opposites, while Brown and Beige, are much closer on the.......spectrum, and obviously, obviously, the things that all human beings have in common, profoundly exceeds any differences.

Thank you, this concludes our race relationships sensitivity training.

BTW, I've also heard Black Americans referred to on this very Forum as, Darkly Tanned Americans. :D Hey it's all good. Or is it?

Originally posted by TheWewus:

I used to know some Negoes but they all moved away in 1985.

I don't think I've heard the word Negro used seriously, in public in the last 20 years. Have you? Definitely an antiquated word, almost as antiquated as Colored People. What's up with The NAACP, shouldn't they update their name?

I wonder what affect the names we've created have had on race relationships? Black People-White People is such a stern dichotomy, that seems to invite acrimony, and in fact the two races would be better described as Brown, and Beige. I am a Beige colored man, please don't call me Pink. :D

Black and White are... opposites, while Brown and Beige, are much closer on the.......spectrum, and obviously, obviously, the things that all human beings have in common, profoundly exceeds any differences.

Thank you, this concludes our race relationships sensitivity training.

BTW, I've also heard Black Americans referred to on this very Forum as, Darkly Tanned Americans. :D Hey it's all good. Or is it?

Wewus, you have nary a clue! Kcbass

"Let It Be!"

Crackers, niggers, spics, injuns, wops, mics, jews, rag-heads...

Who gives a shit? What's been done to any one group of people has probably been done to all the other groups at some point in their history. We're all human, we're all pretty much the same.

BlueStrat

a.k.a. "El Guapo" ;)

Originally posted by Nawledge:

how does it feel.

How does what feel? Someone hating me because I'm white? I guess it's the same as someone hating a person because they're black. It's a stupid prejudice that people have, and they need to get over it.

BlueStrat

a.k.a. "El Guapo" ;)

Originally posted by DanS:

QUOTE]Its a good point, But what I am saing , how long do we have to pay for this. I was born in canada. As a person I think that gives me as much rights as teh "natives".

The general consensus of people who don't live near natives is that they scratch out a meager existence, after being fucked-over by the white devil and his fire-water. The indians near where I live don't pay any income taxes, get a new house every 12 years, and get free dough every month. I even know a guy who has a hum-vee, and a job as a "truck driver"

I think that 400 years is enough time to get your shit together. We're all in the same boat up here.[/QB]

Oh, so you`re saying that after 400 years, everything`s back to normal, right? you`re saying

that the indians can go back and live their lives from the land, with the same natural abundance that their ancestors did, before Europeans came, without any worries about somebody else`s crap so they don`t need any help, right? or are you saying that any one of them can walk into a hiring office, or a loan office, and expect the same treatment you get?

As far as the guy with the Humvee-yeah I can see where that might be irritating-I don`t doubt that there are people looking at the payouts being given to 9/11 victims and grumbling things under their breath too. Look at it this way-would you sacrifice a member of your family to get a piece of that? would you conspire to help Saudi Arabia

invade you country, and stay there, so that you have to learn Arabic to go buy a pack of gum-if you got a really bitchin camel to ride around on out of the deal (yeah with all the options-CD player, navigation etc.)? a basic rule of economics is, things cost more than their price tag-something to keep in mind the next time you see that guy.

Same old surprises, brand new cliches-

Skipsounds on Soundclick:

www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandid=602491

Right, there's no amount of money that could compensate anyone for genocide, which does describe what happened to The Indigenous People of The United States.

And although it's true that every race is called names, a lot more than that has happened to Black Americans. The phrase that I come up with is Systematic Disenfranchisement.

There IS no amount of money that could make up for that either, but we at least have to make things right.... now! Do we not?

We have to stop treating a large part of our population as second class citizens.

There has been a change in the way I think about people of different races, in the last ten years. I don't think of you guys as Black Americans, anymore. I think of you as Americans, and people, who happen to be Black, and I hope you think of me the same way, my being White is secondary to me being a person, and an American, and a citizen of The World.

Well, I could go on, and on, about this subject. Thanks henry, and Sly, and all you other guys for your input, be ye black, white, yellow, or red.

We are much the same, and I for one, do know that.

We are much the same, and I for one, do know that.
Speak for yourself, dude.

I recently found out that I'm better than all of you.

See, I got this letter last week. Turns out I may have already won $1 million.

I'm just waiting to hear from Ed McMahon.

So... screw you all, you low-class scumbags.

\m/

Erik

"To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists of breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting."

--Sun Tzu

Jews are great!
Aren't we, though?

So Morty goes to his Rabbi and asks, "Rabbi, I have an important question for you. Is sex work or pleasure?"

The Rabbi is somewhat taken aback for a moment before he comes up with his answer.

"I believe sex is pleasure, not work. If it was work, we'd have the blacks do it for us."

Thank you, thank you.

I'll be here all week. Try the veal.

\m/

Erik

"To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists of breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting."

--Sun Tzu

Thanks.... to my friend Erik. I was teetering there on the edge of political incorrectness for days, and didn't know what to do, and then he shows up.... and everything is cool. That's his way.

He makes me seem cool, and I'm only some mensh, or something, and I have no idea what that word means.

But in a way, it IS all about who you hang out with. Isn't is?

AND IF you hang out with the people on MusicPlayer.com you will RECEIVE a fruit basket, or a FREE CD, from CottonMouth D.N., your choice. I'd go for the CD.

Damn this thread won't die will it? Amazing.

Really Whites will never understand what Blacks go through and vice versa. That "everybody is equal" crap is what they taught you in elementary. Life is stratified by race and affluence.

If you don't know what it's like to a be a minority culture then you have no freakin' business opening your mouth on the subject unless you're asking a question.

for truth. So.... we are talking about it now, aren't we?

I've known a lot of Black People in my life, and all I can say is.... I'll do anything possible I can, to help people, if they think they've been discriminated against. But.....what can I do? You tell me. I am one guy, and I'm not Black.

Anything I do comes off as some liberal wanker, trying to make waves.

It's not up to me, is it?

Archived