Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: How many soccer fans here?

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ouch! it's 1-0 for portugal right now! :eek:
The alchemy of the masters moving molecules of air, we capture by moving particles of iron, so that the poetry of the ancients will echo into the future.

We've lost! 2-1 for Portugal and that one point was because of a Portugese kicked the ball in his own goal. :cry:
The alchemy of the masters moving molecules of air, we capture by moving particles of iron, so that the poetry of the ancients will echo into the future.

Nah, the portugese simply are a better team, period.

At least tonight they were.

On tonight's performances I'm glad that Portugal won. Unlike other teams they didn't sit back when they got a 1-0 lead. They played good attacking football and that's what I like to see.

The Netherlands played well too, it was a good game, much better than your average semi-final. Hopefully the Czechs will also progress and give us an entertaining final!

Unless someone goes goal crazy, it looks like Baros has tied up the top scorer award - now I really wish I'd put that bet on!

The second semi final is over:

http://www.aftonbladet.se/sport/0407/01/greknick.jpg

Czech Republic 0 - Greece 1

It's quite a sensation - most people expected Czech Rep to win.

Greece will meet Portugal in the final match.

http://www.lexam.net/peter/carnut/man.gif

What do we want? Procrastination!

When do we want it? Later!

Just about yeah, especially in extra time. I actually like this silver goal thing, does anyone else?

So this is the first time the final will be competed by the same two teams who played in the opening game.

Are Greece now the favourites? They've already beaten Portugal, they beat the outright favourites in the quarters and then beat the favourites again in the semis. Portugal have improved a lot but would you bet against Greece in the final?

It's a shame really, I think Portugal v Czech Rep would have been a much better game to watch, but we'll see.

Hey that Czech team is young, what do you think their chances are in the World Cup? Remember only European teams have ever won when it's held in Europe. Might be worth checking the odds.

No! It's too hard, especially with Greece involved. YOU pick a winner!

I just hope there's more than one goal. All credit to the Greeks for being so difficult to break down but I'd like to see some attacking football.

They're talking about England at the moment on TV :rolleyes: surprise.

1-0 for Greece right now.

That's it! Incredible, who would have thought a couple of weeks ago that Greece would win this?

BIG congratulations to Greece, European soccer champions!

http://www.lexam.net/peter/carnut/man.gif

What do we want? Procrastination!

When do we want it? Later!

Ronaldo is crying, Greece is the champion of Europe.

Wow! Well 1-0 was my fear and it came true, well done Greece though. That's the game they play and they play it well. I bet it's one hell of a crazy night in Athens!

So, who would make your team of the tournament? UEFA usually pick one, here's mine...

--------------

Goalie: Van Der Saar (Netherlands)

Defence: Seitaridis, Dellas, Fyssas (All Greece) Jankulovski (Czech Rep)

Midfield: Karagounis (Greece) Maniche (Portugal) Nedved & Poborsky (Czech Rep)

Forwards: Baros (Czech Rep) Rooney (England)

--------------

That's not that easy! Anyone else wanna try it?

Keeping on the gambling topic, how about this for a treble:

Greece to win, Baros to be top scorer and Maria Sharapova to win Wimbledon!

You'd be looking at a few thousand, easily.

Oh if only we could go back in time!

Archived