Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Hopeless music situation (Europe)

My buddy is in Japan, he's likely going to be back to normal (playing music and in general) long before I am.

128 million people in that country (the oldest population on earth, and they got it at least as early as the US), less than 1000 dead, and their "curve" is an exaggerated frown.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All of my club gigs and most festivals are cancelled. Thankfully there's some income from private teaching and a church gig, for now. Had been hired to do a daytime tech support gig-starting in April, but the company's sales hit the skids; so that's on indefinite, if not permanent hold. One band has two, private parties in late August/early September. The same band does have a 4th of July fest gig, still on the books apparently. It's currently in violation of Illinois' policies of reopening, though. I can get in and out safely, and stay distant on a large stage (being the keys guy in the back who doesn't sing for this act); but I don't at all feel good about supporting the village mayor's bullheaded decision, and encouraging an elbow-to-ass crowd that night. Several restaurants in that town are doing the same, crowded crap, and the leadership is looking the other way. I can use the $$, but hate the potential 'rona fustercluck likely to be generated by that crowd.

'Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless' - Mr. Boffo.

We need a barfing cat emoticon!

Well, it seems that you're in a way harder situation than I am financially speaking. I hope it will go better in the forseing future

As far as the pure music goes (beyond money and pay checks) , we're all on the same boat...

....the Titanic.....

"Turn your fingers into a dust rag and keep them keys clean!" ;) Bluzeyone

My buddy is in Japan, he's likely going to be back to normal (playing music and in general) long before I am.

128 million people in that country (the oldest population on earth, and they got it at least as early as the US), less than 1000 dead, and their "curve" is an exaggerated frown.

and Japan is densely populated, esp urban areas.

I have spent time in Japan, and love the people, the arts, the culture.

And they respect rules and science.

Sad to say, the US is not achieving progress on Covid like a 1st world country.

Why fit in, when you were born to stand out ?

My Soundcloud with many originals:

[70's Songwriter]